Experienced Nursery Person / Assistant - London | Zoek UK | 502c80
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Experienced Nursery Person / Assistant Nursery Manager - 44319
London, Greater London, England
£20000 - £25000/annum up to 25k DOE
Permanent (Full time)
Our Client is an online nursery and although they do grow some plants, the majority are bought in. They turnover in the region of £ million per annum and send our approximately 60,000 order pe annum.
Responsibilities are :-
* Receiving plant and plug deliveries and ensuring they are dealt with quickly and put in the relevant glasshouse and a location allocated.
* Providing a weekly list of plant requirements
* Picking orders daily and supervising other staff to pick orders in an efficient manner.
* Cleaning plants and training new staff to train and locate plants ensuring nothing but ‘Perfect’ plants are sent out
* Ensuring temporary staff are aware of necessary health and safety measures in place
* Ensure plant deliveries are checked for pests and diseases and any shortfall / damages are reported to the office
* All chemical logs to be kept in good order
* Ensure plants are kept in good health with respect to temperature control / moisture / pests and diseases
* Treat pests and diseases as necessary
* Keep nursery tidy and weed free
* Use automatic irrigation where possible and ensure all resources are used efficiently such as oil, electricity, water
* Organise / carry out maintenance of watering system, vent systems, heaters, greenhouse cleaning etc.
* Provide technical / plant advice to the office where necessary.
* Idealy has PA1 & PA6 and some formal horticultural training