Proposals Manager - Innsworth | Zoek UK | 5038d3
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Innsworth, Gloucestershire, England
Permanent (Full time)
We have an exciting opportunity for an established Proposals Manager to join our team, working across the spectrum of the Rotary Mission Systems Department.
You will be assigned one or more New Business Proposals or Engineering Change Proposals (ECPs) that require management through the Business Capture Process. You will be expected to work in a multidisciplinary team environment to facilitate the development and delivery of quality proposals that are compelling and competitive, to win new and/or follow-on business.
The successful candidate will have a proven track record in creating winning proposals and proposal administration, or alternatively come from a programmatic or technical background with leadership credentials and experienced in all phases of a project life cycle from pursuit through proposal submission, transition to contract, performance, support and sustainment and on to disposal.
Day to day responsibilities will include;
* Be responsible for the development, integrity, quality and delivery of compliant, winnable and executable proposals varying in size, complexity and strategic importance for opportunities within diverse markets
* Be required to support the Head of Capture with the optimisation of resource investment through the identification and management of the proposal resources; related staff, SME’s and facilities
* Lead the proposal team by the application of full spectrum leadership credentials
* Develop a proposal plan, and organise required gates and reviews
* Be agile in order to tailor the capture process as necessary in order to accommodate the proposal size, complexity and response runway
* Deliver continuous improvement of the proposal processes and use the tools as necessary to ensure that management control measures are established for the assigned proposals
* With an understanding of the programme environment, be capable of compiling proposals for complex new and follow on business using ingenuity and innovation
* Ensure that budgeting ground rules are defined and promulgated to all areas of the business and suppliers for impact assessment.
* Ensure that budgeting inputs are compiled using the appropriate budgeting tool.
* Provide input for the proposal preparation requirements to all proposals in terms of Basis of Estimates (BOEs) and plans for the activities to be carried out.
* Compile, maintain and update the proposals database to reflect the latest status for all proposals.
* Manage performance against proposal schedule and associated budget, ensuring delivery within required timescale and cost.
The ideal candidate for this position will be enthusiastic and committed, have the level of interpersonal skills required to work within a dynamic team environment and be capable of motivating and leading staff. This role involves working to challenging timescales; therefore you must be capable of operating within this demanding environment, whilst maintaining the respect of the team.
In order to be successful, you must:
* Practice good ethics during everyday work.
* Be able to inspire the Proposal Team through lateral thinking and professional competence.
* Be able to develop, or facilitate the development of, solutions to complex problems which require the regular use of ingenuity and innovation.
* Excellent oral and written communication skills.
* A good listener and quick to gain an appreciation of the problem.
* Able to respect sensitivities when developing solutions with the team.
* Experience of working with enterprise management systems and tailoring of processes.
It will be highly beneficial if you are:
* Experienced in the use of Microsoft™ Project, ProBidder / ProPricer.
* Experienced in the use of templates and fundamental Microsoft TM Office products
* Experienced in the application of the Business Capture Process.
* Knowledgeable of the Value Proposition approach.
* Able to create proposal artefacts from first principles using storyboard techniques and graphics