Business Manager - Llandudno | Zoek UK | 504498
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Business Manager - Laboratories
Llandudno, Conwy, Wales
Permanent (Full time)
As the Laboratory Business Manager, the successful candidate will be responsible for developing business opportunities and successful delivery of consequent projects within the CGG Laboratory. The laboratory primarily prepares geological and environmental samples which critically underpin an exciting and diverse range of commercial and research projects at CGG. These samples are analysed by our geological analysis and interpretation teams to help our clients better understand their surface challenges. CGG work’s on a diverse portfolio of projects, including hydrocarbon and mineral resources, renewable energy, carbon capture, utilisation, and storage (CCUS) and environmental change, pollution, and contamination. The Laboratory Business Manager is expected to plan and prioritise their workload with minimal supervision and adopt a flexible and proactive mindset. They will need to actively seek out potential clients and develop relationships that will ultimately lead to successful projects within the labs. The successful candidate should already have experience in this field and be confident when customer facing. Awareness and adoption of Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) and Quality standards are important criteria for this role.
* Lead the development and implementation of commercial opportunities within the CGG Laboratories. This includes building client relationships (internal & external) to secure long-term analytical contracts in a number of different sectors.
* Strategic thinking in order maintain market positioning and enter new industries.
* Confident customer facing skills.
* Development and maintain marketing materials such as client feedback and case studies.
* Understand client’s issues, creating tailored workflows to solve their problems
* Implement planning, organisation and vision to exceed commercial targets of the labs.
* Ensure end-end delivery of projects by the team (internally and externally)
* Identify collaboration opportunities with other CGG business entities
* Management and leadership of the CGG laboratory Supervisors and technicians (including training, development and performance)
* Experience and practical knowledge of CGG’s analytical techniques
* Willingness to constantly strive for better methodologies, ensuring CGG stay at the forefront of analytical techniques.
* Ensure competence of all personnel performing lab activities
* Team player, willing to develop those around them and lead by example
* Create a positive working environment, engaging teams in a dynamic environment
* Ensure lab safety alongside HSE Lead
* Understanding of laboratory related management systems and competence in document control, COSHH and risk assessments
* Able to confidently and successfully liaise with internal and external clients
* Strategic mindset
* Experience working with cost forms and proposals
* Good presentation and public speaking skills
* Open-minded and curious
* Bold and willing to experiment and try new methods
* Team player
* Shows initiative
* Good communication skills, both verbal and written
* Reliable and conscientious
* Able to adapt quickly to new challenges
* Problem solving skills