Senior Estimator - Cardiff | Zoek UK | 5049b9
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
£55000 - £65000/annum
Permanent (Full time)
Fawkes & Reece South are working with a Main Contractor who are seeking a Senior Estimator to join them and help successfully deliver a range of projects. They are working in collaboration with a several private clients to deliver a range of projects as part of the AMP7 frameworks on behalf of a water services company. The projects range in value from anywhere between £4m to just under £20m.
Your role will be to achieve targets and secure profitable work through competitive tendering of bid for projects and frameworks. Pricing will be based on first principals on design & build and venture tenders. The commercial team work on a range of projects, so you will have the opportunity to work on complex projects if you are seeking a new challenge.
You will be involved in (but not limited to):
- Preparing and maintaining a detailed cost plan
- Preparing accurate tenders from first principals for medium & large civil engineering projects
- Prepare and maintain data base of key relevant cost data
- Working actively with the tender team to develop tender win strategies
- Actively developing long term relationships with key supply chain contacts
- Communicating effectively with the wider business including procurement and engineering to maximise offerings
- Lead the implementation of risk management processes
- Present detailed tender presentations to the directors
- Prepare submission documents in line with the company policies
- Participate in post tender meetings and presentations with clients and ensure successful handover to delivery teams following award
- Collect feedback on past projects which might help with feedback for future tenders
Requirements including certificates and qualifications:
Experience using estimating software such Candy and Conquest
Degree-qualified or equivalent
Member of RICS or IOB (or seeking professional membership)
You'll need good working knowledge and experience with the NEC form of contract
Candidates must be able to prove their eligibility to work in the UK
The successful candidate will be rewarded with an outstanding working environment, opportunities to progress whatever stage of your career as well as a package that gives you security and recognises your contribution to the business. You will also get the opportunity to work on one of the UK's most exciting projects.
If you are interested in this role, please contact Malvin at Fawkes & Reece Southampton or use the link below