Asset Innovation - Milton Keynes - This Area Only | Zoek UK | 505b32
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Asset Innovation Surveyor
Milton Keynes - This Area Only
Asset Innovation Surveyor
Kents Hill, Milton Keynes
Permanent, Full Time ( hours per week)
Would you thrive in a job that is making a real difference to people's lives in your region?
Here at Grand Union, we are more than just a financially strong Housing Association, we are making an impact on the housing crisis, supporting sustainable communities and providing life-long homes for our customers. We provide additional, critical services to support the most vulnerable but we also build shared ownership and outright sales for those who want to get on the property ladder.
We are passionate about our communities and we are committed to being a Learning Organisation, developing talent to deliver our service goals and supporting the next generation into a career in Housing.
About the role:
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an Asset Innovation Surveyor to join our Property Services team. As the Association's lead in this area, you will identify, evaluate and build a business case for the adoption of emerging technologies that will benefit our customers and enhance our repairs and maintenance service.
As a great communicator who is passionate about their work, you will develop strong relationships with your colleagues and peers inside and outside the Association, acting as the property services champion for innovation and change.
Drawing on your knowledge and experience of modelling energy performance data, you'll work closely with our Environmental Sustainability Manager to enhance the Association's understanding of the carbon footprint of its housing stock and explore funding opportunities to trial new technologies and increase the energy efficiency of our customers' homes.
What we're looking for:
- Someone who is educated to degree level (or equivalent)
- Experience of assessing and implementing new technologies
- Experience of assessing Energy Performance or modelling Energy Performance Data
- Experience of developing appropriate bidding and approval processes for the purpose of securing Government/Public Grant and other funding to drive the adoption of emerging technologies
- Practical experience of procurement
- Experience of preparing and monitoring budgets
- Experience of contract management
- Experience of working within a customer facing environment
- Practical knowledge of building regulations, codes of practice, British Standards, and domestic building construction and services
What we offer:
- Annual leave 25 days rising to 30 days with length of service
- Generous defined contribution pension scheme - employer contribution up to 10%
- Life assurance (2x salary)
- Generous sick pay
- Free car parking
- Numerous learning and development opportunities including qualifications
- Paid professional subscriptions (max 2 if both relevant to role)
- Agile working
- Medicash counselling (helpline and face to face)
- On-site wellbeing activities including massages
- Free annual flu jabs
- Plus lots more! (see attached benefits list)
If you are like-minded in wanting to help shape the future of housing through the delivery of quality services to our customers, great at your job and with a 'can-do' attitude, we want to hear from you. You are just one click away from starting your journey with us…
We are committed to implementing our Equality, Diversity and Customer Care Policy and are proactive about safeguarding vulnerable adults and children.
Closing date - Tuesday 14th September 2021