Text Producer - Isleworth | Zoek UK | 506671
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Text Producer, Sky News
Isleworth, Greater London, England
Permanent (Full time)
Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe's leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
"This is an exciting opportunity for a journalist to be at the heart of breaking news in the Sky newsroom." Mike Kumar, Editor, News Output
What you'll do:
- As a text producer, your work will be seen on the Sky News TV channel by millions of viewers around the world, and millions more on social media.
- You'll write all our on-screen information straps and keep the scrolling news ticker up-to-date with latest developments.
- You'll need to monitor the news wires and keep across live interviews and news conferences for news lines, and send news alerts to the followers of Twitter account.
- You'll report to Output Editors and work closely with TV production teams, as well as liasing with colleagues on other platforms such as Mobile, Radio and the Home and Foreign Newsdesks.
- The role involves shift working and some weekends.
What you'll bring:
- A passion for news and current affairs, and an awareness of the content provided across all the Sky News platforms
- A recognised journalism qualification, an understanding of broadcast law and Ofcom guidelines
- Excellent writing, subbing skills with outstanding grammar and punctuation.
- The ability to identify and react to breaking news at speed and under pressure, without compromising on accuracy. The news straps you write must be clear and concise.
- The ability to work independently using your own initiative, but also be a team player.
- Be able to pitch story ideas and get involved with planning for set-piece news events
Team Overview: Sky News
Sky News is a world-class news service with a spirit of innovation and a fresh approach to story-telling. Our aim is to be the best and most trusted place for news, reflecting the diversity of our audience. Made by people who dare to challenge. Made for people who want clarity in an uncertain world.
There's a reason people can't stop talking about LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
Where you'll work: Osterley:
Our Osterley Campus is a 10-minute walk from Syon Lane train station. Or you can hop on one of our free shuttle buses that run to and from Osterley, Gunnersbury, Ealing Broadway and South Ealing tube stations. There's also plenty of bike shelters and showers.
On campus, you'll find 13 subsidised restaurants, cafes, and a Waitrose. You can keep in shape at our subsidised gym, catch the latest shows and movies at our cinema, get your car washed and even get pampered at our beauty salon.
We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we've been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we've committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We've also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
At Sky we don't just look at your CV. We're more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we're happy to discuss flexible working.
And we'll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can't wait to hear from you.
To find out more about working with us, search LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
Just so you know: if your application is successful, we'll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.