Community Fundraiser - Cardiff - This Area Only | Zoek UK | 5078cf
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Community Fundraiser – South Wales
Cardiff - This Area Only
£27500/annum Up to
Permanent (Full time)
This is an exciting time for Brain Tumour Research, and you will join us to support the delivery of our strategic plans and objectives, by generating and growing our income through community fundraising activities.
You will help raise awareness by engaging people with our work and by recruiting and supporting the fundraising of individuals, challenge event participants, our Fundraising Groups and Charity of the Year partnerships.
You will help build and sustain our supporter base and provide excellent stewardship at all times.
You will come to us as an experienced fundraiser ready to hit the ground running with insight into how local fundraising works, with good office skills. Your ability to work proactively and as part of a remote team is important to us to ensure that we grow the budget we need.
Community Fundraiser – South Wales
Reports to: Community Development Manager
Direct Reports: None
Location: Home Based
Salary: up to £27,500
Full Time – Permanent
Requisite Skills and Experience:
* Experience of fundraising, donor management and stewardship
* Experience of working with a database / CRM.
* Ability to identify and maximise opportunities.
* A good communicator, including an excellent standard of written and spoken English.
* Be prepared to converse sensitively and empathetically with members of the public who may be going through current or recent traumatic experiences
* Experience of working with MS Office, especially Word and Excel
* Outstanding organisation skills.
* Flexible in your approach to work, embracing change and development and able to work occasional evenings and weekends when necessary.
* Access to a car and full driving license are essential for this role.
* Proactive mindset.
* Ensure supporters, volunteers and fundraising groups have access to relevant fundraising advice, guidance and accurate signposting, whilst promoting best practice in fundraising.
* Manage, and continuously develop and improve your region by running online donation reports, accurately coding income and account managing supporters as directed by the Community Development Manager.
* Ideally have knowledge and competence with social media to maximise reach and engagement.
* Ensure that all relevant charity and other legislation is complied with.
* Comply with Brain Tumour Research’s internal policies as appropriate.
* Research and contact RAGs, mayoral offices and other candidate organisations across the area with a view to securing charity of the year opportunities.
* Be available to undertake one-off projects for other colleagues across Brain Tumour Research as agreed by your line manager.
* Undertake any other reasonable duties as required by the Community Development Managers, National Fundraising Events Manager, the Director of Fundraising and Supporter Care and members of the management team
* Deputise for colleagues as necessary to deliver an exceptional supporter experience.
* Be a point of contact for teams within the neuro hospitals within your area in order to organise regular information stands taking place on brain tumour clinic days, and to book in visits from the Community Development Manager as appropriate.
Closing Date: Monday 27th September
Early applications are encouraged, interviews will commence before the closing date if suitable candidates are identified.
Please click the apply button to be directed to our website where you can complete your application for this position.
No agencies please