Health - Shoeburyness | Zoek UK | 50a7f4
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Health, Safety & Environmental Advisor
Shoeburyness, Southend-on-Sea, England
£40000 - £45000/annum
Permanent (Full time)
This role will provide competent and professional environment, health and safety expertise and advice in line with business needs within the site and across the Group. Because the local operations require significant environmental support, this role is focussed towards environmental aspects but also has a significant health and safety competence requirement.
The role will drive a step change in the EHS culture across the business contributing to improved EHS performance and may be required to deputise for other EHS advisors in their absence. The role will report to the Head of Health, Safety and Environment and will require some occasional travel.
* Provide competent and technical environment, health and safety advice and guidance to business managers working in partnership with assurance managers.
* Support practical implementation and delivery of EHS legislation, policy, strategy and objectives; applying high professional standards through building a strong professional internal network.
* Support and assist site leadership teams to ensure robust, good quality environment, health and safety assessments are in place and maintained, scrutinising, coaching and developing assessor competency, and providing “hands-on” input in respect of complex and / or high hazard activities.
* Monitor EHS performance across the business, supporting / conducting / leading inspection, tour and sampling programmes and support business areas in their preparation for ISO 14001 and 45001 audits.
* Take the lead and drive specific Group environment, health & safety improvement programmes and collaboratively support programmes led by others, playing an active role in the development and delivery of EHS management system, objectives and work programmes.
* Promote and champion a positive EHS management culture, actively seek continuous improvement, and ensure any significant lessons learned (. from audits, incidents or best practices) are shared widely around the organisation.
Experience & Qualifications
* Experience, post qualification, as an environment and health & safety practitioner in a high-hazard industry with a good appreciation of COMAH.
* Working knowledge and experience of ISO 14001 and ISO 45001 management systems.
* Recognised training in and experience of accident investigation including root cause analysis techniques.
* Knowledge and experience in working with UK Regulatory authorities.
* Ideally experience working with MOD.
* Minimum Level 6 Diploma in Environmental Management or equivalent.
* Minimum Certificate level qualification in occupational safety and health management, preferably L6 Diploma in Health and Safety or equivalent qualification.
* A Practitioner, IEMA (PIEMA), CIEEM, or equivalent professional body, or working towards through CPD.
* Preferably a Chartered member of IOSH, or equivalent professional body.
* Ability to gain UK government security clearance