Senior Project Manager - Leeds | Zoek UK | 50ba0b
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Senior Project Manager
We're currently recruiting a Band 8A NHS Project Manager, ideally with a background and understanding of healthcare, to cover staff sickness for a minimum 3 month period.
Our client is a large NHS organisation who are currently working fully remotely. You'll be working within a larger team, working on various projects where support is required.
The Project Manager's key responsibilities are:
- taking responsibility for providing the main programme management duties to coordinate the project plans for various programmes and other on-going projects and ensure delivery in line with time, cost and quality constraints
- supporting the work stream leads and Executive Board in the delivery of a range of programmes and projects
- influencing and negotiating with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the successful delivery of the work
Main duties and responsibilities will include:
- Working with the workstream leads and sponsors to create and document project plans, monitoring and updating them throughout the life of the project, using the project management toolkit developed by the organisation.
- Identifying and prioritising project tasks, determining dependencies, estimating future requirements and managing conflicts, - ensuring the project delivers on time, and to the required quality standard - highlighting any problems to the AD where relevant.
- Managing membership of project teams as required and providing support through preparing updates to progress, setting agendas, and ensuring focus on the delivery of project milestones
- Identify and embed project risk management . risk identification, analysis and monitoring within all projects ensuring effective communication of risks and priorities.
- Be responsible for identifying and monitoring project issues and ensuring appropriate ownership of activities are known, highlighting any concerns as necessary.
- Be responsible for arranging and facilitating project meetings, etc. including the preparation and delivery of presentations and communication of actions and information.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience of coordinating the delivery of projects.
- Prince 2 (minimum Foundation level) or other similar Project Management Methodology
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to present work to a group and in report format.
- Excellent IT skills with proven experience of using Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, Access, Outlook and PowerPoint) and project management software.
- Experience of delivering medium projects with limited supervision
- Effective organisational and time management skills with an ability to deliver work to deadlines and to handle several projects simultaneously.
- Attention to detail and high standards of accuracy.
- Highly numerate with strong analytical skills and experience of preparing management reports.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and to tackle problems efficiently and professionally.
- Public sector and government sector experience.
Immediate start project management role ideal for any experience project manager within the NHS who is looking for their next interim opportunity.