Health & Safety Lead and Storage - Portland | Zoek UK | 50bcb3
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Health & Safety Lead and Storage Facility Operative
Portland, Dorset, England
£38 - £43/annum
Permanent (Full time)
Frontline Recruitment Weymouth are seeking for a Health & Safety Lead and Storage Facility Operative to work for our client in Portland.
· Provide technical advice, guidance and support on Health and Safety (H&S) procedures, protocols, legislation, and best practice to the Site Manager; implement and monitor these on site
· Complete Risk Assessments in line with procedures using company approved documentation to ensure compliance with relevant legislation
· Review processes/tasks to identify safe methods of work and produce relevant method statements and safe systems of work
· Collate and update monthly accident /H&S performance statistics using company approved format
· Deliver H&S training as required including H&S inductions and safety passport events
· Support Site Manager during site inspections by H&S Executive, Group H&S Manager, and any external audits.
· Serve as central point for safety communications, security and communicating activities within the facility
· Document and maintain health and safety records for all employees and contractors
· Accountable for building capability in Health & Safety for all colleagues and supporting colleagues to take H&S ownership
· Work in conjunction with HR Manager on people focused matters such as Occupational Health referrals and key policies such as Drugs and Alcohol
· Investigate and respond to any safety complaints or concerns raised by colleagues
· Liaise with the Site Manager and HR Manager on all H&S insurance issues including reviews and inspections.
· Work alongside other shift staff on day-to-day operations of the facility including:
-Weighing of lorries during stock intake and outtake on bespoke software program
-Discharge and store intake
-Training provided to operate the harbour mobile crane
-Training provided to operate shovel loaders and other mechanical handling equipment
-Food and Feed safety awareness – training provided
We are seeking for candidates with the following qualifications:
* An industry-recognised qualification such as NEBOSH, IOSH or equivalent – ideally at Diploma Level or above
* Ability to demonstrate up to date knowledge and practical application of H&S regulations and standards
* Experience of working in a storage facility, production, manufacturing, or warehouse environment would be advantageous
* Full clean driving license
* First Aid qualification desirable
· Good communicator with excellent verbal and written skills
· Be able to grow within the business and work as part of a close, well- organised team
· Ability to remain calm under pressure
· Resilience with exceptional attention to detail
· Methodical and organised approach to work
This is a full-time job – 48 hours/week, between 6am – 10pm Monday to Friday
Overtime is paid at time and half (Midnight to 6am).
The person needs to be flexible in their approach to hours when the ships are due in its all hands on deck literally!.
Salary Dependant on experience £38,000 - £43000K / year (based on qualification and experience)
Holiday: 28 days including bank holidays
Company uniform and footwear provided, continual training provided, discretionary bonus scheme, generous pension contribution and Private Healthcare after qualifying period