Practice Nurse - Westminster | Zoek UK | 50cf6b
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Westminster, Greater London, England
£45000 - £48000/annum
Permanent (Full time)
Purpose of role/responsibilities:
Babylon has an exciting opportunity for a Practice Nurse to join our growing nursing team of exceptional ANPs, Practice Nurses and HCAs working as part of the UK's largest NHS GP Practice.
This role is integral to ensuring that the practice provides an outstanding level of nursing care relevant to the practice population. Working in an innovative NHS Primary Care setting you will be situated in state of the art clinics across Central London and will enjoy the many benefits that we have to offer.
We are dedicated to providing continual learning and development opportunities for every member of the team, we are looking for outstanding nurses who are passionate about delivering the highest quality nursing care.
Their main responsibilities and duties are as follows:
* To facilitate the care of practice patients to include treatment, preventative care, screening and patient education.
* To act in a professional manner at all times and adhere to practice level local and national guidelines, policies and protocols.
* To maintain a safe and effective level of practice and to bring any deficits in training and education to the nursing team lead so that these can be addressed.
* To provide continuing care to patients across the whole practice population
* To provide health maintenance and health promotion services for patients to explore their health needs.
* Maintain effective communication with patients, carers, relatives and members of the multidisciplinary team ensuring information is shared appropriately and confidentially so patient needs are met in accordance with NHS directives and safeguarding policies (DH 2003; DH 2010)
* Protect and maintain patient records to the agreed Practice standard and in accordance with professional record keeping standards (NMC 2009)
* Administer medicines in accordance with a non-medical prescribing framework, patient specific direction or patient group direction in accordance with the standards for medicine management (NMC 2007)
* Develop the role by using evidence-based practice and continuously improving your own knowledge as defined by the NMC and revalidation guidelines.
* Chronic disease management: Respiratory Disease , Diabetes, Coronary Heart Disease
* women's health
* Wound care
* New patient medicals / Urinalysis
* Hypertension management
* Chaperoning and assisting patients where appropriate who are being examined by another clinician
* Requesting pathology tests, for example urine culture, swabs
Other tasks include:
* Maintaining and cleaning equipment in line with infection control policy.
* Ordering of vaccinations to ensure adequate stock levels.
* A duty to advise the management team if you are allocated a task that is outside of your scope of practice.
* On occasion there may be a requirement to undertake home visits or asked to move location to cover absence.
* A willingness to undertake additional courses, training and education to meet the needs of the position; this includes attendance at on and off-site meetings and some study during non-working hours
* A willingness to adapt working practice to meet changing practice and service development
* Performance is monitored on an ongoing basis and formally appraised annually
Qualifications and experience:
* Registered General Nurse with evidence of current NMC registration
* GPN qualification
* Qualifications/signed competencies in the activities listed above and a willingness to work towards any not yet obtained