FLT Driver - United Kingdom - This Area Only | Zoek UK | 50d525
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
United Kingdom - This Area Only
£20616 - £21616/annum
Permanent (Full time)
A Bit About Us:
We may have started small, but we’ve always had very big ideas. We launched in 2000 and we just haven’t stopped; a years’ worth of achievements always seems more like three at AO.
Our customers and now our biggest advocates, and we’ve made millions of them happy. We’ve even launched in new territories throughout Europe. Sometimes we have to pinch ourselves.
But, we’re determined to be the best electrical retailer in Europe, and for that, you need to be driven. We need to be bold enough to try new things, and smart enough to see them through. We need to care about people, and we always like to have a little fun as we do it.
More About the FLT Driver Role:
Our FLT Drivers report directly into our Warehouse Team Leaders, Supervisors and Site Managers. You will work within a busy team environment alongside our other FLT and Bulk Drivers as well as our Transport Team, Stock Controllers and Administrators.
As our FLT Driver, it is always your job to show care and attention, allowing us to meet our purpose of having the happiest customers by relentlessly striving for a better way.
You will work a 4 on 4 off shift pattern, from 18:00pm-6:00am at our brand new site in Stoke
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing As Our FLT Driver:
- Moving appliances around the warehouse with an FLT Truck
- Completing battery checks
- Preparing orders ready for delivery
- Order picking
- Some manual handling will be involved
- Working closely with our warehouse team
- Working to deadlines to unload products off the vehicles
- Loading vehicles for same day/next day delivery
- Doing regular checks to ensure the trailers have enough straps one loaded/unloaded for H&S reasons
- Using the correct manual handling, driving techniques and always following our H&S guidelines
- Reporting any accidents, product issues or damages
- Ensuring that our products leave the warehouse on time and in perfect condition
- Reducing damage by handling products in line with training
A Few Things About You:
Our FLT Driver need to have the ability to work well with other members of the team, stay motivated and positive even at our busiest times. You will need to be smart enough to work independently and be widely trusted with any given task.
- Experience of operating a Counterbalance truck in a busy warehouse environment
- Experience of working under pressure and to deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good understanding of handling stock is desirable
- Experience of working in a warehouse or logistics environment
- The ability to work well with people at all levels
- Have a “can-do” attitude
- Able to remain calm and focused under pressure
- Must have a valid FLT Counterbalance Licence (will still be considered if recently expired)
- Must have experience working in a warehouse environment
- Experience of using handheld scanning equipment is desirable but not essential
Why Choose AO:
It’s not about the job you need now, it’s about who you want to be and where you want to go. The thing about AO is that you don’t have to leave to move on. We have the kind of environment where people learn and thrive and be the best they can be. That’s our values talking.
“ Our people are our biggest asset, they’re our culture: that unique, indescribable thing that makes us really different. ”
Great People Deserve Great Things:
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
- 24 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
- At least 5% contribution pension scheme
- Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership
If you have what it takes to become our FLT Driver, click “Apply” now – we want to hear from you