Claims Assesor/Senior Claims Assessor - Telford | Zoek UK | 50d83c
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Claims Assesor/Senior Claims Assessor
Telford, Telford and Wrekin, England
We are looking for Claims Assessors and Senior Claims Assessors based in commutable distance of Telford to join a leading insurance company. The purpose of this role is to provide efficient and effective Customer Service whilst processing customer claims/underwriting. To make decisions on all types of technical claims and underwriting to agreed standards of speed and accuracy, up to specified authority levels, following the claims philosophy and agreed best practice standards. To develop and utilise all appropriate technical claims knowledge sources internally and externally.
- To be a member of a competent and efficient team of claims analysts who deliver the technical claims assessment and underwriting function for all applicable Admin Re UK books of business.
- To achieve the agreed service standards for underwriting and claims assessment, and actively manage own case loads and work flows to consistently meet these standards
- To provide accurate statistical and management information as required.
- To follow underwriting and claims management protocols and procedure manuals,
- To develop and utilise own knowledge and experience of cost effective claims management techniques consistent with industry practices, and to ensure cost efficient implementation of process changes.
- To ensure adherence to Corporate Governance requirements, with particular reference to internal company authority limits, client authority limits, and reinsurers' limits. To liaise with the legal, complaints and media function concerning cases escalated to legal, complaint referrals and media cases.
- Control of material financial commitments, involving hundreds of thousands of pounds per month, requiring considerable knowledge and expertise. To maintain an understanding and awareness of Life risk policies
- Dealing sensitively and professionally with potentially traumatic and personal customer situations and circumstances. This includes handling difficult customer situations and complaints
- Ensure understanding of customer claim requests and take personal responsibility for ensuring that all needs are understood and that all elements will be met first time, accurately - in line with our "Once and Done" philosophy
- Deliver accurate outputs to customers. Respond to all written and phone customer requests compliantly, accurately, politely and efficiently, ensuring, where possible, that the customer is satisfied with the response
- Accurately update administration systems including Exclaim, ALPHA and OPUS - in order to both satisfy the customer request and to keep all policy records accurate and up to date. Follow the exact Exclaim and ALPHA processing requirements, including approved and documented "work arounds" at all times.
- Meet productivity targets, being efficiently available to take the next call or attend to the next work item in the OPUS work queue. Meet the agreed Average Handling Times, promptly discussing any barriers and constraints to meeting these with your Senior Claims Assessor
- Work flexibly as part of a team within the Customer Services division, where there is a need to work on different work queues and different teams to meet the changing demands of the business
- Identify potential process or practice improvements and constructively suggest to the Senior Claims Assessor your recommendations to address these.
Good understanding of UK Financial Services market
Good medical, occupation, avocation, financial and contractual terminology and technical knowledge relevant to claims management
Working knowledge of various Admin Re policy terms and conditions
Detailed knowledge of Admin Re Claims philosophy and underwriting guidelines.
Good understanding of relevant best practice issues and initiatives which impact on commercial and fairness aspects of claims assessments
Minimum two years Life & Health experience, ideally in a Claims related or Life & Pensions technical environment.
Experience of underwriting reinstatements and ad-hoc policy increases desirable
- £28-40,000 Depending on experience
- Remote working for senior candidates