Executive Assistant - Level 3
Permanent (Full time)
Fascinated by the future and captivated by technology?
Smart, driven and want to make a difference in the world?
You’ll fit right in.
Join a diverse team at Visa, where your individuality fits right in. We can provide the opportunity to shape the payments experience globally. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Think you know us?
Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, reliable and secure digital payment network that enables individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
Individuality fuels our brand and our global team – we’re proud that we are a talented team of 15,000 individuals with unique backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. Therefore, we understand that you are much more than your day job. We encourage quality of life outside of the office, whether it’s taking advantage of agile work schedules or our wellness programs, Visa respects and encourages meaningful work/life balance for everyone. In addition, we offer market leading salary and have a fantastic benefits offering.
So, if you’re not satisfied with the status quo, we can satisfy your desire to explore new territory, giving you the runway to really make an impact, whilst connecting you with teams around the world in a truly inclusive culture that celebrates our uniqueness.
If you think you could support Visa as an Executive Assistant, we want to hear from you – together, let’s make Visa a great place to work.
What’s it all about?
Visa University is changing the learning culture at Visa and is becoming an integral part of life at the Company where every employee and client will have access to a wealth of resources to enhance their effectiveness. We are a CEO supported start-up team within a large, global organisation. We are a team of experts in our respective disciplines, but more importantly, we strive to harness our collective expertise in the most effective way for the benefit of learners. We combine rigour, data, and subject matter expertise with intuition and common sense of what will be most effective for the business. We like to prototype, launch and evaluate. We are comfortable learning from our mistakes.
As a representative of and support to the Visa University leadership team, the primary role of the Executive Assistant is to support the three of the leadership team members in all of their responsibilities and delivery on business goals, including administrative (expenses, travel, scheduling), budgeting/financial, event planning, and operational support. This is an ideal position for an experienced individual with a positive can-do attitude, used to working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. The role is based in Visa’s London Paddington office and will report into the Head of Business Colleges, Visa University.
What we expect of you, day to day.
- Provide executive assistance for three members of the Visa University Leadership team. Manage executives’ calendars that includes scheduling meetings and travel, video conferences, trainings (off-site and/or internal), group events and booking conference rooms.
- Experience managing diaries across time zones.
- Book and coordinate travel arrangements, per Visa T&E and Compliance policies, within tight deadlines. Compile itineraries and liaise with regional offices to ensure business trips run smoothly. Organize entry visas for travel when necessary.
- Perform administrative support duties, including but not limited to drafting and typing correspondence, making copies, preparing binders, answering and screening managers' phone calls and directing inquiries to the proper party within the team, and maintaining and ordering office supplies.
- Prepare meeting materials including assisting with the creation of the presentation, handouts and other related materials, as well as printing, binding and collating of materials.
- Coordinate conference/meeting room set-up, order catering, and make logistical arrangements.
- Assist with developing and updating PowerPoint presentations, Excel spreadsheets and documents in support of team activities.
- Process expense reports and provide general information to incoming calls regarding accounts payable, purchasing, travel policy and expense reporting.
- Prepare agenda for senior visitors to site and handle corresponding logistics support.
- Coordinate events, including managing vendors as needed for any team activities, arrange lunches and team outings.
- Coordinate setup up of new employees and office space as needed.
- Help develop and lead department onboarding experience for new Visa University employees.
- Work directly with IT to support, guide and resolve any executive team desktop/productivity tool issues, such as laptop, mobile phone, video conference equipment, etc.
- Support projects as needed for the Visa University Leadership team.
- Provide back-up assistance to Executive Assistant to the Chief Learning Officer and/or other administrative support team members as needed.
- Take initiative outside of job description as business continues to grow and this role evolves.
What we’re after…
- Mid-level experience in a similar role, preferably at a global/multinational organization. Degree a plus.
- Able to work independently and manage multiple tasks simultaneously with a high degree of accuracy in a changing environment.
- Flexible working hours to adjust to the needs of the business and in consideration of supporting Executives working and travelling globally.
- Discretion combined with poise and professionalism in all communications.
- Be able to exercise good judgement regarding information which may be confidential.
- Excellent communication (verbal and written in English) and interpersonal skills, with demonstrated ability to communicate well with colleagues at all levels including senior management.
- Ability to multi-task and to operate effectively and efficiently in a challenging, fast-paced environment.
- Customer service-focused with ability to work collaboratively with others.
- Strong organisational, planning, prioritisation and organisational skills, including attention to detail.
- Expertise using Microsoft products including PowerPoint, Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Multicultural sensitivity, including the ability to work effectively as part of a globally dispersed and diverse team.
- Friendly and professional demeanour.
- Ability to recognise potential issues as they arise and escalate appropriately while also demonstrated initiative and a proactive solutions oriented attitude.
Think you have what it takes?
If you are interested in a career that will challenge and inspire you – we’d love to hear from you!
Diversity & Inclusion
Universal acceptance for everyone, everywhere, is not only our brand promise, it’s the foundation of our company culture. We foster a feeling of connectedness in the workplace, support diversity of thought, culture and background, fight for important initiatives like Equal Pay and actively work to eliminate unconscious biases that hold us all back.
By leveraging the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our worldwide teams, Visa is a better place to work and a better business partner to our clients.
Posted 102 days ago