Raw Materials Technologist - Scofton | Zoek UK | 50f207
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
Raw Materials Technologist - 18 months FTC
Scofton, Nottinghamshire, England
Unspecified (Full time)
Posted 13 days ago
- 2:30pm Tuesday to Saturday - 18 month Fixed Term Contract
Join the Samworth Brothers Family!
At Samworth Brothers, we offer competitive benefits to all of our colleagues including:
* Enhanced Pension Scheme
* Private Health Scheme
* Employee Discount Scheme
* Annual Pay Review and Profit related pay
* Training and Progression opportunities
We have the opportunity for you to join our team as a Raw Materials Technologist at our Manton Woods site. In this role you will be:
* To manage Raw Materials section within Technical Department, with direct responsibility for Raw Materials Administrator(s).
* To robustly assess, visually and organoleptically (in line with agreed standards) incoming ingredients and packaging and release through the SAP system.
* To ensure that all formal quarantines are entered through SAP and that items are clearly identified physically and electronically.
* To produce detailed photographic standards for new and existing raw ingredients, supported by accurate Samworth Brothers format specifications (with due consideration given to critical product characteristics).
* To maintain a record of all foreign bodies found in raw materials along with any relevant investigation in the factory.
The Right Person
We are one big team and we look for people to join our business who want to work with others but take responsibility for doing their best every day to help to make the business a success. We also need:
* Minimum 12 months shop floor QA experience dealing with product quality and having a full understanding of the process interactions.
* Ideally having previous supplier contact and positive interaction.
* Full understanding of all QA Department systems.
* An assertive, proactive problem solver.
* A good understanding of techniques used to measure quantitatively / qualitatively raw ingredient / packaging conformance against specification.
* Level 3 Food safety qualification.
* Excellent communication skills.
* Computer literate in terms of SAP (desirable), Excel and Word. The degree of competence reflects the ability to work spreadsheets, manipulate figures and present graphical representation.
Manton Wood produces a wide range of quality chilled and ambient foods that are enjoyed by millions of people throughout the UK every day. We take pride in our family feel within our businesses and work together to make things happen. We can offer you the stability of a wider group as well as the opportunities that that offers if you wish to progress your career with us. We are family and we would like to invite you to be part of that and support our teams in delivering great products to all of our customers.
Samworth Brothers do not engage with unlicensed gangmasters or third parties. Samworth Brothers will NEVER ask you for money in order to provide you with employment. If you are in any doubt, please contact an official Samworth Brothers representative