Primary Supply Teacher
North London, London
£130 - £170 per day + Depending on experience
Athona Education works with many primary schools across London and we are seeking teachers for supply teaching work, starting immediately.
- Flexible work
- Great schools
Why do supply teaching?
Supply teaching is a very flexible way to work essentially you can choose when you work! It offers a useful insight into a wide range of schools if you are considering a long term role, before making a definite commitment
Supply work can be interesting as you get to see to see different schools and working environments and is suitable for newly qualified teachers(NQT) who are wishing to try schools before making a commitment or who wish to finetune skills. Experienced teachers find supply work rewarding as it offers flexibility if you have commitments outside work or just want flexible work.
What to expect?
Roles can range from short term cover, covering sickness, courses etc to longer term cover and can range from nursery to Year 6. Of course, you are able to choose the year groups you teach but the wider range that you will consider, the more work will be available.
We ask that you should be willing to travel an hour to work, which again, will increase the amount of work on offer.
- Supply teachers should be flexible, proactive, engaging and inspiring.
- The ability to work with constantly changing situations with a smile and a helpful manner is crucial.
- You should strive to maintain positive behaviour management strategies in line with school policies.
- You should encourage pupils to reach their full potential through engaging and stimulating teaching.
- You will need to be a good communicator as you will often be teaching from plans which have been left by the class teacher, or receiving plans at short notice. It is advisable to always carry plans with you, just in case and to be flexible and ready for anything.
- Applications can only be accepted from teachers who hold QTS.
When you apply with Athona Education you benefit from:
- Competitive rates of pay
- Professional support from our team of experienced consultants
- Opportunities to progress your career
- Ongoing career advice from dedicated consultants, many of whom are qualified teachers
What to do next:
If you are interested in supply work, please get in touch with us as soon as possible. We are recruiting for many roles, so please contact us for further details of any other opportunities.
Did you know that Athona Education pays a bonus of £250 for teachers that you refer to us and who go on to work 20 days? Please call for further details.
Please note: In accordance with the DfE statutory guidance Keeping Children Safe in Education all candidates must have a current Enhanced DBS Disclosure to work in a school or nursery. If a valid subscription to the DBS Update Service is not held we will require you to complete a new DBS application.
Posted 30 days ago