Production Line Manager - Preston | Zoek UK
Production Line Manager
Preston, Lancashire, England
£40000 - £42000 per annum + Bupa, Cycle to work
Production Line Manager (Nights)
We are currently recruiting for a Production Line Manager at our location in Preston. This is a fantastic opportunity for the right candidate to join a large FMCG organisation with fantastic prospects and development opportunities.
- To ensure the smooth running of the production area, via the Production staff. Plans, organises and co-ordinates through Team Leaders/Supervisors the total activities and resources of their production area.
- Responsible for the safety, quality and legality of all products and processes within the department.
- Ensure the fundamental value that 'Quality is the best recipe' is the pivotal focus of the production teams.
- Working closely with the Quality team to ensure only the best quality products are manufactured.
- To ensure that the production areas are maintained to a clean and hygienic standard.
- Increase OEE and line efficiencies through the effective leadership of a team of Supervisors.
- Manage a team of production supervisors to ensure we have a highly motivated, engaged workforce.
- To circulate management information through briefings with the team.
- Team involvement in ensuring the department delivers high quality standards in all areas.
- Identify areas for training and employee development, schedule in when required.
- Manage absenteeism to agreed levels.
- Co-ordinate production operations across the area, liaising with other managers on shift.
- Control raw material waste levels, down time, etc. to meet agreed and measurable targets, actioning improvements and or changes as required.
- To ensure waste levels are managed within guidelines.
- Manages pay within guidelines.
- Responsible for Health and Safety of Systems and Department.
- Educated to DMS/NVQ Level 5 or equivalent
- 5 years' experience in a FMCG environment
- 2 year experience in a supervisory role
- Analytical and systematic in approach.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Positive, motivated and a team player
- Interested in playing a key role within a dynamic, FMCG environment.
- Interested in working as part of a team
- Outgoing and positive.
- Forward thinking
- Detail conscious and practical.
Acorn Recruitment acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment.
Posted 17 days ago