Here at NPS we have a simple set of values that sets out who we are as a company. We are:
Intelligent – we make the right choices
Involved – our enthusiasm creates energy
Innovative – we always ask what’s next
Our business is all about making lives safer, healthier, better managed and mobile
Our software underpins critical police, health, housing and local government services, ensuring
delivery of the right data at the right time to protect and improve people’s lives.
We’re as committed to the positive social outcomes of our customers’ services as they are, which
means we put people first. In the interfaces and systems we design, and the software support and
development service we provide.
Across the world, billions of people every day rely on the services and benefits provided by their police, health services, housing and local government. Their home, welfare, wellbeing and security often depend on them.
We create and manage the software that connects people with these services. We design smart interfaces and data processes to ensure services are easy to use, always on, relevant, accurate and trusted.
Using internet, mobile and AI technology, we are designing new tools that maximise the positive experience people have of critical services, and helping to make sure they are safer, healthier, better managed, and able to organise their life on the go.
Working closely with our customers – the service providers – we define people’s needs today and in the future – and work intelligently to continuously improve our software products and data management.
Our software underpins the performance of our customers as they serve their customers. Our constant focus is making sure our software is stable, efficient, cost efficient and secure. We’re proud of the role we play, improving people’s lives through dependable critical services. With a growing number of customers globally, we’re going to make a difference to millions of people more.
Based in the UK but working around the world, our 2,000 employees help improve the services that matter most.
We are now part of the NEC corporation, a leader in the integration of IT and network technologies that benefit businesses and people worldwide – this brings in new opportunities without limits for growth and innovation.
Support delivery of Local Welfare Provision (LWP) contract work via online, telephone and postal applications. Act as first point of contact for applicants and system administrator for the Northgate system to allow applications to be input and processed.
- Process emergency payments and individual assistance grant applications using the computerised Northgate interface, ensuring:
- Professionalism in gathering the data
- Sufficient and accurate data recording
- Recording in a timely manner.
- Liaise with applicants to process information into the Northgate System.
- Undertake eligibility checks with the applicant, seeking information direct from the applicant and utilising additional computerised interfaces for confirmation.
- To fully understand the legislation and criteria involved in awarding emergency payments and individual assistance grants and process applications accordingly.
- To comply with Processing Services Customer Charter when dealing with all incoming and outbound calls.
- To complete statistical information as instructed by the Service Manager
- To act on requests for support regarding system access and used by the customer.
- To work as part of the team in achieving targets set by the Service Manager
- To deal with incoming and outgoing correspondence relating to Local Welfare Provision either by telephone, email or letter.
- Deal with and respond to enquiries from clients, citizens and internal colleagues in a positive and professional manner
- Share your knowledge with others to ensure continuity in your absence, ensuring handover is in place in advance of any planned absence
- Act as a key deliverer of the Local Welfare Provision contract/s.
- Experience of contact / processing centre working.
- Experience of processing data with attention to detail and good accuracy.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Knowledge of service centre processes, policies and procedures, such as escalation procedures, service level agreements and client service standards.
- Excellent computer skills.
- Excellent knowledge of Google Mail and its additional functions such as: Google Drives, Google Forms, etc.
- Excellent communication and written skills with the ability to work confidently with customers and internal colleagues.
- Demonstrable track record of meeting and exceeding operational targets.
- Well organised.
Desirable Welsh Speaker.
Employees of Northgate Public Services are entitled to the following Company funded benefits:
Part time 30 Hours with flexibility between 9.00am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday (current shift 9.30am - 3.30pm)
Single Private Premium Medical Cover (with the option to select family cover at an additional cost)
25 days paid holiday (includes 3 company nominated days) with the option to buy/sell up to 5 days
4 x basic salary life assurance cover
A Group Pension Plan with fantastic employer contributions
A selection of tax efficient flexible benefits to suit your individual needs
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a pre-existing right to work and travel within the EU. Documentary evidence will be required.
All offers are subject to satisfactory vetting and reference checks. Depending on the nature of the role a Disclosure Barring Service (DBS) check may also be required.
Northgate Public Services is an equal opportunities employer, welcoming applications from all communities.
Posted 4 days ago