£24000 - £26500 per annum
Manpower are pleased to be recruiting for a Test Technician for our busy client based in Luton. This is a permanent position starting immediately**!**
Hours of work are 37.5 hours per week, Monday Friday.
The salary will be up to£24,000 £26,500 per annum
The primary function of this role is to support the manufacture of products to the quality and standards required by the customer.
- To fault find defective products to component level and compile the necessary logs and reports, with corrective actions. Suggest solutions to problems.
- To repair and rework defective products within the manufacturing centre and from Customer Returns. In order to do this, to hand solder components to circuit boards in line with the quality standards, and perform any mechanical disassembly and reassembly of products as required with agreed timescales.
- To ensure that test and test analysis equipment within the manufacturing centre is only used if within its calibration period.
- To be familiar with the use and basic maintenance of the test equipment within the manufacturing centre and be conversant with the test processes carried out.
- To assist all personnel within the manufacturing centre as appropriate and encourage continuous improvements in test methods and fulfilment of customer order process.
- To have a working knowledge of the manufacturing processes used within the manufacturing centre, to highlight basic quality faults and offer any recommendations as appropriate.
- To liaise with the relevant parties to achieve the product quality standards.
- Maintain paperwork to support product records
- To manage equipment calibration for both on site and external calibrations, in line with current procedures
- Support customer acceptance on site during Factory Acceptance Tests
- To identify test equipment, in conjunction with Test Engineer, to allow production staff to carry out testing on line within cells according to procedures created
- Training of operators to test product in line with current procedures
- To comply with company health, safety and environmental policies and procedures
Skills and Qualifications:
- High numerical and diagrammatic reasoning ability, communication, problemsolving, adaptable, proactive
- Experienced solderer, electrical & circuit board assembly, wiring, PCB schematics, repairing to electronic component level
- HNC or equivalent qualification in electronic faultfinding
If this sounds like the opportunity for you then apply now!
Posted 39 days ago