Vehicle Maintenance Technician
Up to £10.63 per hour
Contract (Full time)
Our client is seeking a Vehicle Maintenance Technician on an initial 1 Month contract with the possibility of an extension.
Working Hours and Pay Rate:
Monday Friday, 08:00 16:00. At a pay rate of £10.63 Per Hour
To ensure that a suitable provision is made for the maintenance, repair and modification of DWP vehicles and plant in order to maximise availability
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- To execute maintenance, repairs or other work as specified to the DWP vehicles and plant.
- To ensure that all correct procedures are followed at all times
- The particular duties attached to this post are difficult to define in detail but the person employed is appointed with due regard to experience and training in the widest automotive engineering sense and in particular to the ability to work alone and at times unsupervised.
- The possession of a current clean driving license, HGV class license is preferred.
- Vehicle maintenance provides a service to the partners of the DWP, and is dependent on maintaining a good working relationship to secure contracts. It is, therefore, imperative that every effort is made to foster a good liaison with DWP operations supervisors and managers, DCC Highways and other partners and suppliers
- To maintain records as directed
- To use as directed any system of communication provided.
- To pressure wash and clean vehicles and plant, to clean the workshop or other parts of the depot as requested.
- Deputise for the Vehicle Maintenance Team Leader when required
- Any other lesser or comparable duties as required
Skills and Experience:
- Clean driving license, HGV class license is preferred.
- Previous experience in a similar role
121 Jobs is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Posted 45 days ago