Fire Alarm Engineer
Cornwall - This Area Only
A vacancy has arisen for a Fire Alarm Engineer, working within the South West mobile workforce team. This will be a role joining an already existing team covering the TR post-code on a Monday-Friday basis.
Dependent on experience
Hours of work
Monday to Friday
Main Duties and Responsibilities Include:
- Carry out planned preventative maintenance, re-active and small installation works, as instructed, ensuring all works are completed during the required time period.
- Ensure all works are carried out in line with Integral's / The Fire Alarm Departments QA procedures, meeting the requirements of BS5839-1:2013 (or any other relevant British Standards), BAFE SP203-1 and any other statutory compliance or client requirement.
- Ensure adequate reports are provided for all works, completing all required paperwork and certification (both the clients and Integral's). Records of works must be accurate, clear and legible.
- Be proactive in identifying variations and non-compliance and ensure adequate information is collated to provide necessary recommendations / quotes to the client.
- Comply with specific contract, work department and company procedures at all times.
- Complete a weekly time-sheet and submit in accordance with company procedures.
- Liaise with Integral's help desk, providing prompt updates on progress, ensuring jobs are extended where required and closed in a timely manner / within the compliance period.
- Be available for out of hours working, as / when required.
- Be available for, and participate within, the 24/7 out of hours fire alarm call out rota.
- Be conversant with current Health & Safety legislation. Ensure compliance with safe systems of work, method statements, risk assessments, COSHH and all relevant documentation is adhered to in accordance with company Health & Safety policies.
- Provide telephone support to clients. This may include an initial call to determine the issue, see if a phone fix is possible and if not determine the skill set required for any attending operative.
- Provide telephone support to other engineers / operatives, including M&E operatives attending fire re-active calls.
- Liaise with manufacturers, for technical support, as / where required.
- Take ownership of the client's needs and pursue good communications with the customer, in order to build a stable relationship.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of BS5839-1:2013.
- Demonstrate a good working knowledge of varying manufacturer's fire alarm
- systems (both addressable & non-addressable). This should include the use of their software and the ability to programme their systems.
- Completed either a recognized electrical or alarm apprenticeship, or have a; proven track record within the fire alarm industry.
- Basic electrical knowledge.
- Good organisational skills.
- Ability to meet key performance indicators.
- Good understanding of compliance with Health and Safety.
- Ability to work as part of a Team.
- Sound level of administration and organisational skills.
- Conscientious, reliable and consistent.
It's an exciting time to begin a career at Integral UK LTD as it is Britain's Largest and fastest growing national provider of high-quality comprehensive maintenance services for commercial and public sector buildings providing planned preventative and reactive maintenance for over 1600 clients in 60,000 locations. We deliver Engineering excellence and strong partnership culture.
When you work with us, you will be part of the largest national mobile fleet located in every postcode area enabling us to focus a first-time fix and a quick and efficient response.
What's in it for you?
Excellent career progression, training and development opportunities
Discount offers at hundreds well-known high street stores
Contributory pension scheme
Employee reward scheme
LifeWorks Employee Care
Aviva Care App
So we can really get to know you and what you can offer please include a CV with your application. You're also encouraged to include a covering note explaining how you're a great match for us.
All candidates will be required to provide valid proof of Right to Work in the UK and ID at interview.
We're expecting this role to be popular, so we may need to close the advert early if response is strong so to avoid disappointment, please apply as soon as possible.
Posted 14 days ago