Bioinformatics Solutions Implementation Consultant
Cambridge, Cambridgeshire, England
At Genestack, we are tackling the underlying computational and scientific challenges of bioinformatics in order to provide researchers with software tools that will streamline the discovery process and drive forward precision medicine, drug development and bioinformatics research. Our clients are global blue-chip pharma, leading research institutions and hospitals.
Our mission is to enable scientists to find, analyse and interpret all biological data, tools and knowledge in one place. Our team of biologists, bioinformaticians and computer scientists works towards making the Genestack platform the most versatile and simplest foundation for bioinformatics projects at any scale. Daily life at Genestack involves solving complex problems in a fast-paced environment and collaborating with a brilliant, diverse team across our two offices.
We are looking for a dynamic Bioinformatics Solutions Implementation Consultant based in our office in Cambridge, to work closely with our customers and the Genestack sales and projects teams to provide pre-sales and post sales solutions expertise for our platform. Salary £40,000 a year.
Responsibilities for the Bioinformatics Solutions Implementation Consultant:
- Accurately take requirements relating to the setup and configuration of Genestack Platform or Omics Data Manager
- Deliver presentations and demonstrations as required
- Report on the progress of implementation projects to the Head of Services, maintain and update project reporting documentation
- Plan and manage user level requirements workshops – capturing the business needs and documenting them in a suitable format to reflect the Implementation Objectives
- Ensure the Services team is informed of any new developments (technical or political) taking place with the client which may be relevant to Genestack generally
Identify risks, taking appropriate action and escalating as necessary
- Assess client data and identify patterns
- Elicit requirements using interviews, document analysis and requirements workshops
- Excellent customer interfacing skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with the end user community within the client organisation
- Strong capacity for business requirements analysis and document preparation
- Good interpersonal skills with clients and colleagues alike
- Experience in delivering user workshops (planning, leading and meeting minutes)
- Experience in delivering product training, both one-to-one and in small groups Ability to deliver and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in Jira, Confluence, Github, Team City, Test Rail
- The successful candidate will have a Bachelor and/or academic degree
- Experience with enterprise level omics data management systems products within the pharmaceutical industry.
Above anything else, we are looking for a strong cultural fit – a person with genuine passion for technology and genomics, who can work as a part of a team dispersed between two offices, willing to learn from others and share their knowledge. In exchange we offer career growth opportunities, a fun and relaxed work environment, flexible working hours and a competitive salary.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status or disability. Genestack is expanding internationally, creating opportunities for individual career growth. Now is a great time to get involved. Learn more about our culture, values and the team at http://www.genestack.com/careers.
Closing date 02/08/2019
Posted 17 days ago