West Des Moines, IA, USA
Permanent (Full time)
As a Credit Investigator at Equifax, you will be responsible for resolving customer requests, being the key point of contact between the client and consumer
Who are Equifax?
Equifax is a global information solutions company that uses trusted unique data, creative analytics, technology, and industry expertise to power organizations and individuals around the world by transforming knowledge into insights that help make more informed business and personal decisions.
Regardless of location or role, the individual and collective work of our people makes a difference in our business.
We are looking for individuals who can help us disrupt the marketplace. You will do this by delivering leading-edge technology to build and deliver unparalleled customized insights that enrich both the performance of businesses and the lives of consumers.
About the Job
We will give you the opportunity to drive innovation and automation across the enterprise. This will include tool and process integrations across all business units within Equifax globally.
The Credit Investigator position is responsible for acting as a liaison between the client, consumer, and Equifax by resolving customers’ requests. Individual contributors with complete investigations and issue updated or corrected reports to clients. To do this, you will use various methods of investigation including telephone interviews, email contacts, web-based research, faxing contacts, and researching data repositories such as ACRO and eOSCAR. Credit Investigators will interview consumers via telephone, update trade information and contact sources for trade, and fulfill employment verifications. In addition, you will analyze source data to ensure compliance with office and customer specifications. A certain degree of latitude is required within the ability to perform all investigative reports.
The Equifax Mortgage Services environment is fast paced and time sensitive. With this in mind, you will need to exercise some independent judgment through a variety of investigative tasks.
- You will Perform credit-based research tasks ranging from the navigation of automated systems, conducting online research, and performing conference calls between consumers and creditors
- You will utilize experience and expertise to provide insights to operations leadership
- Operate a diverse range of tasks, moving between processes with the mentorship of management
- You will perform clerical, phone, operational or manual work
- You will validate/complete and document requested data through phone, fax or email contact
- Perform document review and audit
- Identify and troubleshoot issues within own scope of work
- You will effectively process raised or rushed tasks
- Provide timely and professional communication to supervisors and management
- Demonstrate an ability to prioritize tasks appropriately
- Dedicatedly seeks new assignments to enhance skill set and knowledge base
- Has already or has demonstrated the potential to gain an understanding of Equifax’s operational objectives and product offerings
- Accept stretch assignments provided by management.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks at the same time
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Preferred at least one-year experience in a high-volume processing center
- Experienced with Microsoft Office platform (Word, Outlook, and Excel)
- Ability to handle a high volume of work and work under deadlines
- Understanding of PC functions, including Windows-based applications and ability to learn/understand internal Verification Services technology/systems
- Preferred experience within call center environment
We offer an excellent compensation package with, high-reaching market salaries.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
To speak to us about this role in more detail please apply online.
Primary Location: USA-Des Moines
Function: Function - Fulfillment / Operations
Schedule: Full time
Posted 36 days ago