Quality Inspector - Peterlee | Zoek UK
Peterlee, County Durham, England
£22k - 25k per year + Benefits
Permanent (Full time)
Job Title: Quality Inspector - Day Shift (Mon-Fri)
A growing and successful battery manufacturer looking to expand their Quality team and appoint an experienced, hands on Quality Inspector. They have recently secured a large investment and are going through a journey of introducing new technology and better working practices.
They have a very well-known and established customer base with a healthy pipeline of new business.
Salary of a Quality Technician
Up to £25,000 depending on experience
Job Description of a Quality Inspector
The postholder will carry out goods Inward inspection for all component parts entering the company, ensuring compliance with design specification, critical to quality dimensions, Certificate of Conformance (CoC) and First Article Inspection reports (FAIRs).
Interpret engineering drawings and models to understand critical to quality dimensions and establish the baseline for inspection.
Accurately record and report supplier quality performance against the requirements of the Goods Inward Inspection Report highlighting where materials do not conform to specification by the raising of a Non-Conformance Report.
Where non-conformances to specification requirements exist liaise with the relevant technical authority to enable investigation by the appropriate department.
Control items raised to NCR via segregation from good product
Manage the process of returning non-conforming items to suppliers for replacement / re-work and notify procurement of the same to manage the commercial relationship with the supplier.
Review all external First Article Inspection Reports to ensure they have been completed to the required standard and that they are fully compliant to the relevant specification requirements.
Produce and maintain accurate inspection records and look at reducing inspection effort by detailing suppliers who consistently deliver to the expected standards.
Adhere to all instructional and Health & Safety guidelines for the use of equipment to maintain a safe work environment.
Skills & experience of a Quality Inspector
- The successful candidate must be personable and able to work well within any given team.
- Have strong interpersonal and customer service skills with a keen eye for detail.
- Be conscientious and strive to consistently build key relationships and efficient processes.
- Computer literate in the use of Microsoft word and Excel
- Experience of working within a manufacturing/engineering environment, working to engineering drawings and technical specifications.
- Ability to read and understand detailed engineering drawings would be highly advantageous as well as experience of electronics or plastic inspection and measuring equipment.
Why Should You Apply?
- Work for an experienced Manager
- Be part of a business that have substantial growth plans for the near future
- Join a business that invest heavily in new modern technology
Theo James Recruitment specialise in Manufacturing & Engineering recruitment across the following disciplines.
- Supply Chain/Logistics, Management
- Quality - Engineering, Management
- Design - Engineer, Management
- Maintenance - Technician, Engineer, Management
- Production / Process Engineering
- Health, Safety & Environmental
- Project Engineering, Management
- Leadership and Management
Posted 5 days ago