Poole, Dorset, England
competitive salary plus benefits
BMI Harbour Hospital in Poole is part of BMI Healthcare, Britain's leading provider of independent healthcare with a nationwide network of hospitals & clinics performing more complex surgery than any other private healthcare provider in the country. Our Hospital is only a mile from Poole Harbour and a few miles from 7 miles of wonderful sandy beaches. The Harbour is a 28 bed private hospital with 2 operating theatres and a minor operations room. We provide a range of inpatient, outpatient and day-case specialties, including orthopaedic, spinal, general surgery, gynaecology and plastic surgery. We also have a dedicated Oncology unit including specialist nurses. Diagnostic and specialist equipment on site includes ultrasound, x-ray and Mammography, including a dedicated MRI and CT scanning unit. We are proud to be rated "Good" by the CQC affirming our commitment to put patient care at the heart of absolutely everything we do.
We have an opportunity for a Radiographer to join our team of staff in the Imaging department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Degree or Diploma in Diagnostic Radiography.
- Healthcare Professionals Council (HCPC) registration.
- A general radiographic background / training.
- IT systems familiarity e.g. RIS / PACS.
- Knowledge of the healthcare service sector and the systems and processes used.
- Aware of College of Radiographers and HCPC Code of Conduct / Accountability.
Duties of this role include:
- Support the team to deliver care that helps improve the health of the individual and wider community.
- Support the team in demonstrating compassion through effective relationships based on empathy, respect and dignity.
- Develop own competence to deliver effective care and treatments through improving clinical/technical knowledge / skill, and expertise.
- Communicate appropriately with others involved in the care of the patient.
- Act as an advocate for safeguarding patients, demonstrate courage to speak up when there are concerns about care.
- Experience in Mammography would be beneficial but is not essential.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
For this position BMI Healthcare offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Private Medical Scheme
- Discounts on Private Healthcare for Friends and Family
- Staff Pension Scheme
- Discounted Gym Membership
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Posted 6 days ago