Part Time Housekeeper
Lewisham, Greater London, England
£8 per hour
Priory Healthcare is one of the UK's leading providers of independent specialist secure and step-down services for people with mental illness, personality disorders, learning disabilities, autism spectrum disorders and brain injuries.
With hospitals around the country,30 years of experience in our sector and highly skilled and experienced teams, we help patients and commissioners find the right care pathways without the need for multiple reassessments
Set back within landscaped gardens, the tranquil environment of the Priory Hospital Roehampton offers calming and recovery focused residential treatment for up to 100 service users, as well as day care and outpatient services.
Specialising in the management and treatment of mental health problems including addictions and eating disorders, our multidisciplinary team deliver personalised treatment programmes and have established an excellent reputation for providing the highest standards of care.
As a Housekeeping staff you will be working within a team, which includes a range of professionals. You will make an effective contribution to providing high quality care within a low secure setting.
- To follow all Health & Safety Regulations and Risk Factors attached to all equipment being used
- To be familiar with C.O.S.S.H. regulations and ensure proper usage of chemicals used being aware of poisoning/allergic reactions
- To use/wear protective clothing as required with product use
- To maintain and record all duties carried out in cleaning book
- To submit a regular order for stock replenishment
- To ensure all communal areas are vacuumed and surfaces cleaned on a daily basis
- To wash all vinyl flooring in toilet and bathroom areas
- To clean all toilet, bath and shower areas daily
- To ensure that there is an adequate supply of paper towels and toilet rolls provided on a daily basis
- To be responsible for the watering of house plants within the premises
- To empty all bins on a daily basis
- To report any health and safety hazard to the manager or person in charge immediately and record in maintenance book within the main office indicating the urgency
- To maintain a happy atmosphere within the home, integrating and communicating with clients and reporting anything of concern to the manager or person in charge
- To carry out other duties as may reasonably be required in accordance with the needs of the service
- To ensure that all duties are undertaken in accordance with Albion House's Equal Opportunities Policy
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work flexibly.
- Basic literacy skills.
- Common sense approach to problem solving.
- Basic numeracy skills.
- Motivation and initiative.
- Some appreciation of Mental Health problems.
- Education to GCSE Standard.
In return for your expertise and hard work, we offer a wide range of benefits including:
- Annual leave plus bank holidays.
- A Group Personal Pension Plan (GPPP)
- Life Assurance
- Free meals while on duty.
- Continuous learning and development.
- Childcare vouchers
- Career development
- Personal health insurance
- Voluntary Benefits.
About us From education to hospitals, care homes and secure facilities, the Priory Group of Companies offers individually tailored, multidisciplinary treatment programmes for those with complex educational needs or requiring acute, long-term and respite mental healthcare.
The integrated strength of each service provides a seamless transition for the individual as they progress between higher and lower dependency care and across services. This unique approach ensures that every individual has the opportunity to achieve the best possible outcomes and quality of life with the Priory Group.
As 85% of our services are publicly funded and delivered in partnership with commissioners, our teams work with commissioning bodies across the country to provide transparent pricing models and evidence-based care programmes.
Disclosure All roles will be subject to a successful disclosure at an appropriate level from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS), Access NI or Disclosure Scotland. We are an equal opportunities employer.
Posted 11 days ago