Flexible Community Support Patrol Officer
Hounslow, Greater London, England
Flexible Environmental Protection Support Officer
If you care about your local environment, then this is the job for you!
Previous experience is not essential, as full training will be provided.
We are looking for self-motivated and enthusiastic people to join our team of Environmental Protection Officers.
Day shifts to support holidays and absences - must be flexible and available at short notice. WEEKLY PAY
You will be covering Hounslow and Merton councils.
The role of an Environmental Protection Officer is to limit the incidences of dog fouling, littering.
Whilst raising awareness, promoting a more responsible approach to our environment and educating the local community are all means of reducing instances of littering and dog fouling there will always be those who refuse to alter their behaviour. The enforcement powers of the wardens enable them to prosecute individuals for littering and dog fouling. Fixed penalty notices can also be issued to offenders who are caught allowing their dogs to foul and not removing the waste or failing to dispose of their litter in a correct manner.
- A calm and assertive manner with the ability to deal professionally and diplomatically with people from all backgrounds.
- A resilient character, as some interaction with the offenders, can occasionally be confrontational.
- Ability to defuse hostile situations professionally.
- Good observational and organisational skills with excellent attention to detail.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills for report writing and speaking with members of the public.
- Self-motivated with the ability to work under pressure and on your own; or as part of the team.
- Capable of being on your feet and walking for long periods and in varying weather patterns.
This will involve working in line with the relevant local authority's deployment strategy and issuing fixed penalty notices to offenders, in contravention of the Environmental Protection Act 1990 and Anti-Social Behaviour Crime and policing act 2014.
You will be required to provide a full five-year checkable employment history and be willing to undergo a DBS.
Flexible Environmental Protection Officer - This allows
The ability to work hours to suit you (i.e. part time, full time, odd days, weekends)
Gain valuable experience
Earn additional money (second income)
Full PAYE status (still allows Tax Credits/SSP etc)
Company Pension (when applicable)
- Possibility of future permanent opportunities
Posted 42 days ago