Healthcare Assistant - Wards
Bolton, Northumberland, England
competitive salary plus benefits
BMI Healthcare is the UK's largest provider of independent healthcare. With a network of hospitals across the country, our aim is to attract the best nursing, theatre and allied healthcare professionals in addition to employing outstanding non-clinical and support staff who underpin everything we do. Being part of the wider BMI Healthcare group also offers the prospect for great career progression with opportunities throughout the UK.
BMI Healthcare's Beaumont Hospital is a fantastic place to work. Located in Lostock, Bolton, The Beaumont is a 20 bed private hospital with 3 operating theatres. It provides a range of inpatient, outpatient and day-case specialties, including orthopaedic, general surgery, gynaecology and urology, and in 2018 provided services for around 70,000 patients. Diagnostic and specialist equipment on site includes an MRI scanner, ultrasound, x-ray and mobile CT scanner. We are proud to be rated "Good" by the CQC affirming our commitment to put patient care at the heart of absolutely everything we do.
We have an opportunity for a Healthcare Assistant to join their team of staff in the Wards department.
This is a FULL time role for 37.5 hours a week. The role holder will be required to cover a flexible shift pattern.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Care Certificate.
- NVQ Level 1 and/or be willing to work towards NVQ Level 2 (Healthcare specific) or equivalent.
- Willing to work towards NVQ Level 3 (Healthcare specific) or equivalent
- Previous experience in a Healthcare Assistant role.
- Experience of customer care, including interacting with customers in challenging situations.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a team, and using own initiative.
- Punctual and reliable.
- Previous experience in healthcare as a Healthcare Assistant, ideally within a surgical environment.
- Flexible to meet the needs of the service.
Duties of this role include:
- To work as an integral part of the nursing and Multi-disciplinary team, providing a high standard of patient centred care, meeting the needs of patients, consultants and colleagues.
- Working within the multi-disciplinary team to deliver care, maintain and enhance the customer service and satisfaction of service users under the supervision of a Registered Practitioner.
- Demonstrate competence in the role of Healthcare Assistant within the scope of your working areas.
- Working towards agreed objectives and demonstrating BMI behaviours at all time.
- Work alongside multi-disciplinary team to provide safe and high quality care provision for patients.
- Support colleagues and senior staff to help promote good team morale, leading my example with one's own professional behaviour.
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers a very competitive starting salary of up to £17,500.00. Employee benefits for contracted staff also include 25 days holiday + bank holidays, Pension scheme, Private health insurance, discounted gym membership and many more exclusive discounts and incentives via our "Perks at Work" scheme - we also have free parking at most of our hospitals.
We are also committed to providing ongoing training and development to our staff via our dedicated in-house BMI Academy which offers one of the most comprehensive packages of training courses available in the private sector.
If you would like any further information or an informal chat before applying then please contact Helen Morgan on#########
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of your CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Owing to the nature of this position, any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory Enhanced Disclosure Check.
Posted 46 days ago