Nottingham, Nottinghamshire, England
£60 - 80 per day
CLASSROOM SUPERVISORS REQUIRED:
Vacancy: Classroom Supervisor (also known as Cover Supervisors)
Location: East Nottingham City Centre (other locations available)
Start Date: September 2019
Duration: Frequent daily and longer term work throughout the entire academic year
Rate of Pay: £60 - £80 per day
What is a Classroom Supervisor?
A classroom supervisor is someone that is asked to look after a class of pupils in the absence of their regular teacher. The work that the pupils will be required to do will be set by the class teacher in advance of planned absences, such as the attendance of courses etc. In the event of the teacher being ill, the work will be set by the department head or the schools Cover Co-ordinator. Classroom supervisors are responsible for:
- Assisting and encouraging pupils to complete the pre-set work arranged for them.
- Ensuring that the classroom is a safe place for pupils to be.
- Following the schools behaviour guide to ensure that the classroom remains a productive and calm environment.
Why is Classroom Supervising Such an Appealing Role?
- Classroom supervising is the perfect role for those considering a career in teaching. It gives the opportunity to see what it is like to work in a variety of school environments and locations.
- It is also the ideal role for NQT's wishing to put their training into practice.
- It is an excellent way for qualified teachers to network and to see a range of school environments.
- Classroom supervising also appeals to retired teachers/TA's, and those unable to work full time or people needing flexible working hours.
To be selected to work as a cover supervisor you need a degree level education and/or previous experience. Resilience and patience are crucial as well as the ability to quickly learn and understand school procedures such as the behaviour policy and the safeguarding policy. Candidates will need to have presence in the classroom and the ability to demonstrate authority whilst remaining calm and approachable.
How to Apply / For More Information:
Contact Paul Hautenne on######### , or by emailing ######### .
What to do if this role isn't for you:
PK Education are one of the most established teaching agencies in the East Midlands. We have many more long term supply teaching jobs, or TA position. If you would like to hear about other roles then please contact Paul Hautenne on######### or email your CV to #########
PK education is committed to embracing equal opportunities and diversity for all employees, workers and applicants; and shall adhere to such a policy at all times.
Posted 27 days ago