Behaviour Support Assistant
£9.50 - 10.50 per hour
Do you want to work with young people who come from difficult backgrounds and display challenging behaviour?
Are you able to connect with young people who have social, emotional and mental health difficulties?
Can you bring out the best in boys who struggle to get involved with school?
Our client secondary school is looking for a behaviour support focus teaching assistant ASAP.
The school is a mixed mainstream secondary and has a SEN unit on site. The needs of the students include SEMH, autism (ASD) and related challenging behaviour, and mental health difficulties.
- Full time role available starting ASAP (Monday to Friday, term time only)
- Working hours are 8:15am - 3:15pm
- You will be working with students who have SEMH/behavioural difficulties and must be confident in managing challenging behaviour
- This is a long term position, and (assuming you are working successfully) the school will invite you to apply for a permanent role later in the academic year
- Team Teach, Approach or any other form of restraint/physical intervention/de-escalation training is highly desirable
Applications are particularly welcome from those with youth work backgrounds.
If you would like to support young people and help them to make the right choices in life, send your CV to Craig today
All applicants will require the appropriate qualifications and training for this role. Please see teachingpersonnel.com/faqs for details.
All pay rates quoted will be inclusive of 12.07% statutory holiday pay.
Teaching Personnel is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. All candidates must undertake or have undertaken a valid enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check. Full assistance provided.
Posted 9 days ago