Malton, North Yorkshire
Our chosen business partner is focused on establishing leading market position by providing innovative construction systems and solutions with a global reach. Within their core area of business, they have established an enviable position as a global leader in the design and manufacture of high quality building systems for the construction industry
They are continually training and developing their staff and try to promote from within. The company is innovative and forward thinking within an industry that is always growing. Working as a team with related functions e.g. Production, Customer Services, CAD, Procurement etc. The successful candidate will be involved with all Quality Assurance aspects of New Product Introduction, Manufacturing Processing, Customer Service and Customer Warranty.
* To introduce and drive a quality development plan which increases overall quality of both products and service with the aim of reducing warranty claims to a low level.
* To ensure this plan is communicated and that key performance indicators are put in place to achieve a step change in quality standards.
* To ensure that the quality systems are in place which allow us to achieve required standards and focusses on prevention not detection.
* To monitor the effectiveness of such standards and implement changes as necessary.
* To develop a continuous improvement culture which addresses the root cause analysis of customer complaints.
* To ensure compliance with the requirements of ISO9001 and all other certifications currently in place including CE marking.
* The person must demonstrate strong leadership skills, and strong drive for results. They will need to have strength of character and determination not be distracted from achieving key goals or reducing complaints and improving overall quality.
* The person should have an excellent working knowledge of driving continuous improvement and be able to demonstrate the ability to being about step change through working closely with everyone from shop floor to senior management.
* The person should have knowledge and experience of modern quality management techniques and tools such as problem solving, SPC etc.
* Be able to demonstrate that they have delivered on significant performance improvement objectives within a complex manufacturing environment.
* The person should ideally have spent time managing quality and manufacturing processes within a continuous production environment i.e. multi shift basis.
* A qualification in a technical subject is preferred. It is desirable that the person has a recognised quality management accreditation.
* Broad experience of general manufacturing management would be a distinct advantage.
Search is an equal opportunities recruiter and we welcome applications from all suitably skilled or qualified applicants, regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/beliefs, sexual orientation or age.
Posted 39 days ago