Senior Costs Advocate
Slater Gordon Group, are recruiting experienced Senior Costs Advocate to join our specialist legal costs consultancy division, Compass Costs Solutions working within our costs offices based in Liverpool.
- Conducting high value cost litigation including attendance at Detailed Assessments, Cost Budget hearings, Application Hearings to deal with technical issues. Ability to deal with directions.
- Detailed knowledge of case law and civil procedure rules.
- Ability to provide training on a wide range of topics.
- Working with clients to provide advice and a strong knowledge of working with business critical issues such as retainers, compliance, funding and regulatory issues.
- Drafting Points of Dispute, Replies to Points of Dispute, skeleton arguments, applications, retainers.
- Assisting colleagues and clients on a daily basis to provide guidance and technical input.
- A varied and demanding caseload.
- A minimum of 2-3 years’ experience in legal costs litigation
- Experience of handling your own costs caseload from start to finish
- Experience of drafting bills of costs; costs budgets; and points of reply/dispute
- Costs negotiation skills and experience
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Up to date knowledge of CPR and legislation
- IT literate including knowledge of using costs drafting software e.g. Costsmaster or IDraft
- Consistently high client care/service skills
- Strong attention to detail
Slater Gordon Group is a leading consumer law firm and our mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services. The firm provides specialist legal and complementary services in a broad range of areas and our clients are the centre of it all.
How to apply
If you would like to make a formal application please select “Apply now” and follow the online process. Should your application be shortlisted a member of the recruitment team will be in touch.
Posted 8 days ago