In - House Lawyer
London, Greater London, England
Are you the sort of person who thrives in a dynamic and changing environment?
Are you looking for a new challenge and want to join an awarding winning legal 500 law firm?
Here at Slater and Gordon we are a leading consumer law firm and our mission is to give people easier access to world class legal services. The firm provides specialist legal and complementary services in a broad range of areas and our clients are the centre of it all.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a qualified corporate/commercial lawyer to work within our In-House Legal Team. Part of the wider Legal and Assurance Team, our In House lawyers provide advice on a wide range of corporate, commercial, regulatory, data protection and dispute resolution matters. You will work closely with all areas of the Slater and Gordon business, including the non-legal businesses. Some of advice provided by the team is in response to business need and some is more project-based, supporting ongoing strategy initiatives. This is a varied role, but there is a strong bias towards drafting commercial contracts. It is important that you are excited about the prospect of working on a wide ranges of legal disciplines including some data protection advice (with the support of specialised lawyers).
In addition, there is a corporate governance element to this role requiring the solicitor to assist with key company secretarial duties, such as company filings and managing deadlines.
You will most likely also need to manage advice being given by external legal advisors.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a top-quality lawyer to join a forward thinking, full service law firm who embraces change.
Responsibilities to include:
- Providing legal advice under supervision and demonstrate and awareness of when to escalate issues to senior members of the team
- Ability to provide well organised and efficient assistance on Legal Projects
- Provide support on company secretarial tasks and company law advice.
- Identifying and highlighting the need for plus delivering training/managing comms to the business
- General commercial legal advice with a strong record of drafting legal contracts
- Companies Act advice, Corporate Governance, Directors Duties and Companies House
- IP, copyright, TM and branding
- Data Protection
- Review of supply contracts
- Qualified solicitor with demonstrable experience in relevant area of law; ability and appetite to become more skilled in new areas of law and provide real value to the Slater and Gordon Business
- Experience in working in regulated environment
- Commercial dispute experience
- Commercially pragmatic
- Self-starter but with knowledge of own limits of experience and when to escalate
- Enjoys the challenge of handling a wide variety of matters
- Wants to work as part of a team
- Commercially minded and able to provide legal advice in the context of the wider business aims
- Ability to mentor more junior members of the team
- Understand and embody core values of Slater and Gordon
Client service is at the heart of Slater and Gordon’s business: We take pride in the quality of results we secure and the unfailing support we provide to our clients. You’ll need talent, ambition, focus and drive. We’ll also need you to have fantastic organisational skills and attention to detail.
If that sounds like you, and you’re looking for a stimulating and rewarding career, we would love to hear from you.
What we offer in return:
In return we offer a competitive salary with market leading benefits, a positive and inviting work environment, exposure to industry specialists and the fantastic opportunity to develop a rewarding and successful career with an award winning law firm.
How to apply:
If you would like to make a formal application please select "Apply now" and follow the online process. Should your application be short-listed a member of the recruitment team will be in touch.
Posted 8 days ago