Special Needs Teaching Assistant Bradford
Bradford, United Kingdom
£60 - £75 per day
Special Needs Teaching Assistant required in Bradford (full and part-time positions available)
Due to expansion, a special school in Wilsden are seeking a number of Teaching Assistants to work across school with pupils with additional needs: Autism, Profound and Multiple Learning Disabilities, and Severe Learning Difficulties.
Our client is looking to appoint motivated and committed Teaching Assistants for both full and part-time positions (term-time only).
Pupils are aged 3-11 and all have severe and profound learning needs, with some pupils also having complex medical needs. The school curriculum is broad and provides opportunities for academic and social development to enhance life opportunities. Classes are small and teaching staff work closely alongside support staff to provide the very best learning experience for all young people.
We are seeking individuals with the following:
- Previous experience supporting young people with Special Educational Needs
- Additional training (or the willingness to complete training) in - Team Teach, Moving and Handling, Intensive Interaction, Makaton and/or Speech and Language Therapy
- Commitment and drive to support young people with Special Needs
- Availability on a full time or part-time (minimum 3 full days) basis during term-time
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to help with pupils' personal care needs
You will be joining a positive and caring school where staff strive to make learning exciting and motivating and where pupils are challenged to achieve their full potential. You will work alongside experienced specialist teaching staff, an on-site medical team and a team of specialists who will provide programmes in Speech and Language and Physiotherapy.
Under the direction of the class teacher, your responsibilities will include:
- Supporting pupils to access all areas of the curriculum
- Preparing learning resources
- Promoting pupils' independence, confidence and self-esteem
- Helping children understand instructions, through repetition, re-phrasing or demonstrating
- Implementing individual education, social, behaviour and personal care programmes
- Encouraging positive peer interaction
- Providing feedback to pupils and to parents/carers
- Assisting children during therapy sessions and implementing personal therapy programmes as advised from specialists
- Attending to pupils' physical needs
- Completing paperwork/administration tasks as necessary
For more information, please contact Rebecca Barham in the Leeds Primary and Special Needs Branch.
Posted 16 days ago