Protection Systems Engineer
Stone, Staffordshire, England
£33k - 35k per year
Role: Protection Systems Engineer
Rate: £33,000 to £35,000
I am currently working with one of the UK's leading system integration companies and they are currently looking for a Power Systems/Protection Systems Engineer to join their growing workforce. The candidate will be responsible for the design and implementation of transmission and Distribution protection systems for voltages up to 400 kV.
Responsibilities for the Protection Systems Engineer include:
- Producing and/or Reviewing in-house designs and those produced by external contractors.
- Advising on design and design change issues.
- Ensure that design projects are undertaken by competent personnel and sub-contractors reviewing designs created by others.
- Challenging, proposing, agreeing and implementing alternative solutions compared with those dictated by the transmission specifications, policies, processes and "best practices".
- Undertake site visits / non-intrusive surveys as required as part of the design activities or as part of site support.
Skills & Experience required for the Protection Systems Engineer include:
- Proven technical capability associated with the design and/or application of power system protection.
- Experience in preparing Single Line Diagram (SLD), Key Line Drawings (KLD) and Substation Layout.
- Experience in busbar, feeder, cable, transformer and reactor protection and control; including interface with CT, VT, circuit breaker, disconnector and earthing systems.
- Experience in the preparation of detailed electrical schematic diagrams for substation Protection and Control systems.
If you are interested in the role of Protection Systems Engineer and have the qualities and experience for the role, then please call Devan Banton Premier Engineering or apply now with your updated CV.
Posted 20 days ago