Make an impact at a global and dynamic investment organization
When you invest your career in CPP Investment Board (CPPIB), you join one of the most respected and fastest growing institutional investors in the world. With current assets under management valued in excess of $350 billion, CPPIB is a professional investment management organization that globally invests the funds of the Canada Pension Plan (CPP) to help ensure long-term sustainability. The CPP Fund is projected to exceed $450 billion by 2025. CPPIB invests in all major asset classes, including public equity, private equity, real estate, infrastructure and fixed-income instruments, and is headquartered in Toronto with offices in Hong Kong, London, Luxembourg, Mumbai, New York City, São Paulo and Sydney.
CPPIB attracts and selects high-calibre individuals from top-tier institutions around the globe. Join our team and look forward to:
- Diverse and inspiring colleagues and approachable leaders
- Stimulating work in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging environment
- Accelerated exposure and responsibility
- Global career development opportunities
- Being motivated every day by CPPIB’s important social purpose and unshakable principles
- A deeply rooted culture of Integrity, Partnership and High Performance
If you share a passion for performance, value a collegial and collaborative culture, and approach everything with the highest integrity, here’s an opportunity for you to invest your career at CPPIB.
The global private equity Funds (ex-Asia) group is seeking to hire a Principal to join the team in London. The Funds team consists of 20 people based in Toronto and London. The team currently manages a portfolio valued at approximately $35 billion and maintains relationships with more than 80 General Partners (“GPs”)
Reporting to the Managing Director, Head of Funds, the Principal will help lead the execution and monitoring of private equity fund investments and passive co-investments, primarily in North America and Europe. The position is based in London and, while the primary focus will be Europe, the Funds team is responsible for all global markets excluding Asia and operates as a single team.
A) Investment Execution:
- Lead or co-lead deal teams in the execution of private equity fund investments and passive co-investments
- Develop investment theses and identify due diligence priorities
- Oversee analysis used to evaluate fund and passive co-investment opportunities and conduct due diligence interviews with GPs
- Develop and present investment recommendation materials for internal approval
- Lead or co-lead legal negotiations of Limited Partnership Agreements, side letters, and other documents
- Participate in the sourcing of attractive fund and passive co-investment opportunities through building and maintaining strong relationships with potential fund partners and intermediaries
B) Relationship Management:
- Monitor ongoing financial performance of GPs and our underlying investments
- Attend annual meetings and serve as CPPIB representative on limited partner advisory boards
- Identify and help source co-investments and strategic deal flow for other CPPIB investment teams
C) Contribute to Team:
- Participate in and contribute to weekly departmental meetings
- Review, analyze and comment on investment recommendations prepared by deal teams
- Represent CPPIB externally at meetings with fund partners and be an active communicator of our strategies and objectives
- Help lead and contribute to strategic projects/initiatives within Funds or enterprise-wide across CPPIB
- Other relevant duties and projects, as assigned
D) Leadership, Coaching and Team Culture:
- Help lead the training and development of junior investment professionals
- Provide actionable coaching and feedback to junior investment professionals
- Contribute to recruiting and training initiatives
- Contribute to building the broader CPPIB organization
- Contribute to building the broader CPPIB organization
- Experience in private equity, investment banking, or other relevant investment experience
- MBA, LLB, CFA, CBV or CA designation is considered an asset
- Excellent investment judgement and critical thinking
- Superior interpersonal skills; demonstrated communication and relationship building capabilities
- Very strong presentation skills (oral and written)
- Desire to work in a collaborative, team-oriented culture
Willingness to travel extensively
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package for this full time permanent position.
The position will be based out of the London Office at 40 Portman Square, London, W1H 6LT.
Opening date for applications is October 1, 2019 and closing date is October 29, 2019
Visit our Linkedin Career Page or Follow uson CPPIB, we are committed to diversity and equitable access to employment opportunities based on ability.
We thank all applicants for their interest but will only contact candidates selected to advance in the hiring process
CPPIB does not accept resumes from employment placement agencies, head-hunters or recruitment suppliers that are not in a formal contractual arrangement with us. Our recruitment supplier arrangements are restricted to specific hiring needs and do not include this or other web-site job postings. Any resume or other information received from a supplier not approved by CPPIB to provide resumes to this posting or web-site will be considered unsolicited and will not be considered. CPPIB will not pay any referral, placement or other fee for the supply of such unsolicited resumes or information.
Posted 16 days ago