£55k per year + Package
Our client, who are one of the UK's best known premium housebuilders are looking for a designer to join the growing team. The region is currently purchasing large amounts of land for future development as part of the new regional launch, where it has a small number of sites but is set to nearly double over the next 12 months. This is a role where you will be part of laying the foundations of a successful new division, and were you can grow into the role. This is a position suitable for someone with strong knowledge of residential lay out designs, and we anticipate that you will have at least a couple of years' experience in a similar position, preferably with a main housebuilder.
As a Designer with you will be working on high quality house types, with interesting plans and bespoke designs where focus is on the suitability of the homes considering the environment and its surroundings.
As part of the role you will assist in the acquisition of proposed development sites by:
- Working in conjunction with the Land Manager and other key team members assist in the preparation of design briefs and instructions to external architects for the production of feasibility layouts. Where time allows, undertake feasibility layouts directly in hand drawn or AutoCAD format.
- Working in conjunction with the Land Manager to maximise land values through good and innovative design.
- Ensuring design concepts can be translated into workable development solutions, working closely with other departments to ensure constraints are fully realised.
- Appoint and manage external consultants.
- You will also assist with the preparation of planning applications and their eventual approval:
- Assist in the preparation of all design work associated with the submission of planning applications, working closely with the Planning Executive to ensure programmed dates are achieved.
- Checking planning drawings and documents produced by outside consultants.
- Collaborate with the Planning Executive to ensure all statutory requirements are met on each project and that information is correctly recorded and shared with the wider business.
- Monitor the progress of planning applications, effectively manage agreed decision changes amongst all departments and support the Planning Executive in discharging planning conditions where relevant.
We're looking for the following skills and experience:
- Experience as an urban designer, either within a main housebuilder or with a construction company, alternatively in the public sector.
- Experience of the full planning permission, appeal, negotiation and approval process.
- Passion, drive and enthusiasm for delivering planning permission for outstanding quality homes
- Strong team player with a focus on driving both team and site performance
Posted 7 days ago