HGV Driver / Trainee Poling Operative - Blantyre | Zoek UK | 542d1b
This Browser does not support all the features of .
For the best experience please use a Modern Browser.
HGV Driver / Trainee Poling Operative
Blantyre, South Lanarkshire, Scotland
£25000 - £30000/annum Bonus / van / standard benefits
Unspecified (Full time)
HGV Driver / Trainee Poling Operatives – MUST hold class 2/class C licence with CPC
We are looking for people who want a new career in the ever booming telecoms industry, you MUST hold a class two/class C driving licence, you will be given training to install, remove and install cabling on the poles on the Openreach network.
These are excellent opportunities to start and build a career in the telecoms sector and gain new skills that are transferrable in this industry.
• Installation and removal of poles, including dressing new poles
• Replacing/renewing existing drop-wires
• Replacing/renewing overhead and UG joints in the Openreach fibre and copper network
• Ensuring all works are completed in accordance with Service Level Agreements
• Working as part of a two/three man team undertaking works in accordance with Health and Safety legislation, company and client Health and Safety standards
You will have the following qualifications and be able to prove experience and competence:
• Flexible and have the availability to work away from home
• Have a full UK licence with a maximum of 9 points (each crew will require a HGV Class 2 licence) and be over the age of 21
• Self-motivated, achievement orientated and be able to stay calm in pressure situations
• Excellent time management
• Ability to communicate professionally with internal and external clients and representatives
• Results drive, and have the drive to succeed in difficult situations
• Organised and lead by example
• Computer literate
The below would be preferred but not essential for trainees:
• Have previous experience of the installation and removal of Poles on the Openreach network
• Worked within the Openreach overhead and underground network
• Openreach Poling Accreditations “O Modules”
• IPAF 1B
• NPORS Lorry Loader and experience using a HIAB
• Openreach/Smart Awards OH and UG accreditations
• Hold full NRSWA Street-works qualifications at operative level
What’s on offer for successful candidates?
• Competitive earning potential
• Full tooling, PPE and uniform
• Fully expensed and maintained company vehicle
• Excellent career progression opportunities
Remuneration is £25,000 - £30,000 per annum (experience dependant) with overtime and bonus available.
Working from our clients offices in Blantyre (Scotland). Travelling within Scotland to get the work completed.
Working hours are 7am till 5pm (basic hours 50 hours per week Mon-Fri)