Crawley, West Sussex
Up to £12.36 per hour
We are currently seeking a Permanent, full time, Shop Manager working in Crawley at £12.36ph, the role is Flexible Working, Must be able to work 3 out of 4 Saturdays and 1 in 6 Sundays on a 5 day rota, 5 days a week in a shift rota, 35 hours per week, please see below for more information;
Role Summary & Project Description
Due to an internal promotion, a vacancy has arisen for a passionate Store Manager to join their very successful Crawley branch.
You must be able to provide hands on leadership enabling your team to reach their full potential and actively encourage people to donate and volunteer.
Cope with a fastpaced environment where the stock needs moving and keeps on changing
To continually improve store standards
A dedication to delivering excellent customer service
This is a hands on, fastpaced, and fun environment where you will meet and work with, people from all different walks of life.
As well as working very hard to meet the needs of loyal customers, there is the opportunity to bring in new ones and to raise awareness of a condition that leaves people living with daily pain. Everyone who works with and supports this charitable organisation, makes a real difference and they believe in developing careers and where possible, promoting from within.
We are looking for an experienced and talented retail manager who can handle cash, organise pickups and solve logistical issues in a calm and upbeat manner. You will be responsible for creating rotas and must be able to work 3 out of 4 Saturdays and 1 in 6 Sundays on a 5 day rota.
Essential/Desirable Skills & Qualifications
Retail experience in a smaller shop environment
Hands on willingness
Staff management experience
Description of the site and working environment
Small team of paid staff and drivers (around 5). The rest is made up of volunteers. Very fast paced, needs a tetris mind set with the constantly changing stock. Friendly staff with regular clientele. Large shop selling furniture and white goods which have been donated.
Progression opportunities and role USPs (succession plans, training and qualifications available, career paths available etc.)
Training available for someone who has assistant manager exp, but not had the opportunity to progress. They are more concerned with an approachable personality. Progression relies on internal promotion or retirement etc. However, charity is expanding and opening up a new shop and warehouse in Croydon.
Needs to know how to delegate work to keep volunteers engaged and use them appropriately.
Manage a shifting stock.
Be approachable when out and about to contact local stores to encourage them to ask customers to donate stock
Roles and Responsibilities
Manpower role and responsibilities
- Discuss, face to face or over the telephone, your exact requirement
- Agree a recruitment strategy based on your requirements.
- Keep you informed of challenges and issues that may arise during the recruitment lifecycle
- Screen all candidates against the essential skills and requirements of the role
- Manage a fair and consistent interview process organise the interview day arrangements and can support with interview structure, technique and questions
- Work with you in managing the candidate through the offer stage
- Give effective feedback to candidates who are not chosen for interview and rejected after interview
- Where possible managers should be available to discuss the role and recruitment timeframes when Manpower receives the signed off role
- Commitment to dates agreed, in order for the recruitment plan to be effective
- Keep Manpower informed of any changes/issues with the recruitment lifecycle
- Agree feedback on all candidate CVs and interviews within 48 hours
- Agree to schedule candidate interviews within 7 days of submission
- Agree to provide interview feedback within 2 days
For more information please feel free to call me on######### or alternatively I can be contacted at Sophie.Howley @ Manpower .co .uk
Posted 27 days ago