Senior Infrastructure Engineer - Farnborough | Zoek UK | 54af88a2b4c9435bbdeb7eaa56bec1f8
Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Farnborough, Hampshire, England
£45000 - £53000 per annum + Benefits listed in Advert
Permanent (Full time)
A Senior Infrastructure Engineer is required by global organisation in their state-of-the-art Farnborough offices.
Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer will define, design and develop IT systems. You will technically lead and provide technical guidance to projects across the business and providing technical consultancy into new proposals. You will assess and administer changes to all Group IT managed systems to ensure the continual improvement of operating effectiveness and efficiency in line with the change process and IT Strategy.
What's in it for the**Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer**?
- Working for a recognised company with an excellent reputation
- Excellent benefits package including contributory pension, Life Cover, income protection and much more
- Excellent Salary
- Working in a company who invest in their team (including certifications & subscriptions)
- Excellent Career Development opportunities
- You will be working within industry leading teams and people
Essential Skills for the**Senior IT Infrastructure Engineer:**
Eligible for or hold SC clearance
Degree in Engineering, Science, Maths or equivalent experience
VCP certification or equivalent experience.
Highly skilled in the design and build of VMWare ESXi (preferably or later)
Experience in VMware NSX / software defined firewalls
Experience in VMWare vSAN, administration and configuration
Extensive knowledge of Microsoft Server 2012/2016/2019 (Windows 10 advantageous)
Experience in systems integration taking into account network requirements for server infrastructure
Experiencing of administering Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, GPO and other domain service functions
Experience of leading/mentoring junior team members
Experience in enterprise level backup technologies
Willingness to travel occasionally, usually within the UK but occasionally overseas.
Able to fit into existing shift patterns covering 07:30 - 18:00 and may be required to work occasionally outside of normal office hours incl. weekends and participate in an on-call rota
ITIL (or above) Framework Certificate or equivalent experience of an ITIL Service Management Implementation.
Responsibilities**for the**IT Infrastructure Engineer:
- Provide Subject Matter Expertise against core platforms that are the responsibility of the Platform Services Team.
- Delivering and developing secure and stable platform environments
- Delivery of the Enterprise Technology Platforms utilised within company and its Subsidiaries
- Supporting the IT Platforms including but not limited to all server-based operating systems, physical and virtual servers, virtualisation technologies, messaging, storage and backup.
If you have the essential skills, keen to work as an IT Infrastructure Engineer and wanting to work for a company who invest in their technology and Work with leading edge infrastructure and operational systems in the cloud space, then please apply via the link.
Posted 34 days ago