Mental Health Specialist
Maidstone, Kent, England
circa £24,000-£26,000 (according to experience)
Mental Health Specialist
Circa £24,000-£26,000 (according to experience)
37.5 hours per week, no weekend working
About the Company:
Homeless Care is looking for an Experienced Mental Health Professional to join the staff team at Maidstone Day Centre in the role of Mental Health Specialist. We are a small but prominent local charity that for over 30 years has been dedicated to supporting homeless and vulnerable men and women. The successful applicant will play a pivotal role in helping those clients affected by mental health issues to address their problems and to move forward to a happier lifestyle.
Mental Health Specialist Duties:
- The mental health specialist will be responsible for providing counselling and casework services to Homeless Care clients.
- Assess client's mental health status through interviews, observations and making referrals to the appropriate services.
- Provide crisis intervention services to clients who are a danger to themselves or others.
- Keep accurate and up to date written records of all the clients' interactions.
- Plan and implement a focussed strategy for the development of mental health provision within Homeless Care.
- Participate in development and delivery of mental health training for Homeless Care staff.
- Participate in the gathering and processing of relevant statistical information to evaluate the effectiveness of the service.
- Contribute to the preparation of reports and written information as required by the Homeless Care Manager.
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of all relevant legislation, policies and good practice within the field of homelessness.
- Contribute to the overall formation of HC policies and procedures governing the development of the services.
- Develop and sustain links with individuals, groups, agencies and professional bodies in the statutory and voluntary sector and to actively promote Homeless Care Services.
- Contribute and assist in the preparation of publicity materials for homeless Care, as required.
- Promote diversity and equality within the organisation and maintain positive and a respectful attitude towards individuals accessing the service.
- Maintain awareness of changes in legislation and related policies in mental health practice.
- Receive and participate in regular support and supervision sessions with the Homeless Care Manager and clinical supervisions with an appropriately qualified external supervisor.
Mental Health Specialist Benefits:
- Company Pension
- No weekend work
- Care package
- 37.5 hours
- Attractive EAP
If you think that you are suitable for this Mental Health Specialist role, please apply now!
All appointments are subject to satisfactory references & Vetting & Barring Disclosures
Keywords: Mental Health Specialist, Mental Health Advisor, Mental Health Consultant, Mental Health Counsellor.
Posted 43 days ago