Head of Business Development
£55000 - £60000 per annum + bonus, benefits, car allowance
Do you have relevant Business Development experience with a customer base in the Utilities, Construction, Civil Engineering and/or Telecoms sectors?
Fantastic career opportunity for a capable handson Business Development professional to join the Senior Management Team of a multidisciplined consultancy, who provide specialist survey services to clients within the Utilities, Construction and Civil Engineering sectors.
What the opportunity offers to start:
- Salary circa £60k, negotiable (dependent on experience and potential value/contribution)
- Pension scheme, Private Healthcare and Gym membership (after qualifying period)
- Eligibility for Senior Management Team bonus scheme
- Generous car allowance
- Free Parking at offices
- UK wide home location considered for the right individual
- Ongoing personal development supported by the business
- Professional, modern, vibrant office environment
- Normal weekday hours MonFri, 40 hrs per week
- A permanent senior career opportunity in a friendly and supportive team, where your input, opinions and ideas are valued
What the job involves:
- Leading all Business Development activities using the expertise of existing staff and through developing a network of competent associate resources on specific assignments as required
- Playing a key role in the Senior Management Team, and working alongside other senior leaders within the business (with eligibility for the SMT bonus scheme)
- Working closely with the Financial, Operational and Commercial teams
- Forecast projections and track delivery against team and individual targets
- Lead client engagement at multiple levels and take accountability for the conversion of all large quotes/tenders.
- Research sectors, organisations, technologies and tender opportunities to maintain competitive position in the market and a strong technical product knowledge.
- Be selective in targeting industry exhibitions for networking, researching and exhibiting our services
- Talking, meeting and presenting directly with clients to discuss company products and services
- Negotiating with customers and building positive relationships
- Writing monthly KPI reports and making presentations to the Board
- Identifying new methods and opportunities for the business
- Staff management/line management duties.
Is this you?
The successful candidate will have all or most of the following:
- Must have relevant Business Development experience and a proven track record of nurturing and winning good business
- Vitality, personality and ability to create positive and purposeful relationships
- Ability to work to deadlines and prioritise work accordingly
- Ability to create mutually beneficial relationships with people at all business levels and influence through credibility
- Excellent problemsolving and creative skills
- Leadership combined with Teamworking skills
- Focused attention to detail
- Time management and organisational skills
- Ability to adapt instantly, flexibly and positively to desirable opportunities
- Excellent presentation, communication, technical and IT skills
- Knowledge of Geospatial capabilities and Building Information Modelling (BIM) would be beneficial
- Membership to CICES, ICE or equivalent would be advantageous
- UK Driver highly desirable
- Due to the nature of this role, there is likely to be extensive travel to meet business needs. Applicants would need to be comfortable with UK travel and overnight stays away from home as required.
Please send a CV detailing your relevant experience and including full contact details for immediate consideration by our Senior Consultant.
If you have the detailed skills/experience/qualities then please apply as soon as possible to avoid missing out on this excellent opportunity.
Dont delay...apply today!
We appreciate the need for discretion, especially where applications are received from individuals currently working, so you can rest assured that your application will be handled sensitively.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Posted 17 days ago