Production Operative - Extruder Department
Inspired Pet Nutrition Ltd, IPN, leading FMCG manufacturer of pet foods with a strong family heritage we are an ambitious, successful and entrepreneurial business, Inspired Pet Nutrition (IPN). Manufacturing over 300 pet food SKU’s we have 3 core market leading brands – Wagg, Harringtons and recently launched Ninteen87.
During the last 15 years we have made over £55m capital investment delivering huge changes in the supply chain footprint. We have invested in our site at Dalton, Thirsk and our site in Kimnel, North Wales to ensure we are ready for further opportunities and growth. We continually use innovation to improve our practises and strive to be the best.
As we continue to grow, we are now hiring a Production (Extruder) Operator.
What will you be doing as a Production (Extruder) Operator?
As a member of the Extrusion Team, you will provide consistently high quality, safe and legal products on time.
We have heavily invested in new technologies to surround you with the best equipment for you to produce the best work you can. We provide high•quality training for using the new technology.
Your daily responsibilities will include;
- Ensuring the highest level of quality is maintained throughout the production, alongside the regulations of Food Safety legislation, standards and requirements.
- Ensuring the efficient and effective production of product on a specific operating line.
- Minimising waste of raw materials, products, packaging, chemicals and water whilst undertaking duties in the department.
- Setup of dies and controlling of mixtures for the correct product.
- Correct selection and labelling of the finished product.
- Driving forklift trucks (training is provided).
- Ensuring that all areas are clean and kept tidy at all times.
What are we looking for?
We are looking for colleagues to bring a positive enthusiasm to the working environment, enabling them to perform at their best every time they come to work.
As well as this, we are also looking for;
- Someone who is driven and determined to progress
- Ability to work in a rotational shift pattern 6am•6pm & 6pm•6am, average of 44 hours per week over a 3 week rotational shift pattern.
- Organisation skills, able to use own initiative and have excellent concentration skills
- High level of problem solving skills
- Able to comply with Food Safety and Hygiene Legislation
- Due to the location, you must have your own transport and be able to commute within 45 mins of Dalton Airfield.
To apply for the role of Production Operative, please apply via the button or link shown. If your skills and experience meet with this requirement, we will contact you to discuss the position in further detail.
Posted 4 days ago