Central London, Greater London, England
£30k - 43k per year
Ruby Developer - Central London - Permanent
Our client is looking for a candidate with experience within Ruby development to work with a world leading Higher education research centre.
The right candidate will be responsible for designing and developing software for the project to enable the documentation of complex metadata extracted from cohort surveys and where the metadata can then be exported in a standard format for further use.
They will also be responsible for the development of software tools to aid the automation and management of the metadata and documentation.
Ruby Developer - Essential Experience
- Strong software development background with excellent software development experience.
- Development experience of using Ruby (2.1) and Ruby on Rails (4)
- Experience of writing advanced queries in SQL with understanding of database indexes and views.
- Experience of open source software practices and ideally with experience of working on one open source software project.
- Experience of object orientated design and design patterns (MVC)
- Ability to employ best practice software development including issue tracking, testing, documentation, version control and integration.
Ruby Developer - Desirable Experience
- Experience with Angular.js and Redis
- Desire and motivation to keep up to date and learnt about new developments within software development.
For immediate consideration please give me a call on######### ; alternatively please email me at ######### .
InterQuest Group is acting as an employment agency for this vacancy. InterQuest Group is an equal opportunities employer and we welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of age, disability, gender, religion/belief, race, marriage, civil partnership, pregnancy, maternity, sex or sexual orientation. Please make us aware if you require any reasonable adjustments throughout the recruitment process.
Posted 32 days ago