Service Desk Engineer
£30000 - £36000 per annum +
Do you hold Service Desk experience? Want to work for a rapidly expanding Cloud Computing company in Bath? If so, apply for this role
Rapid expanding Cloud Computing Business in Somerset is urgently seeking multiple Service Desk Engineers to help support and serve its forever growing international customer base.
Being a Service Desk Engineer, you get exposure to Linux and Windows based systems. The businesss infrastructure is built around Linux (Ubuntu) Servers and Xen & VMware Virtualisation. Experience within this two areas would be fantastic, however YOU DO NOT NEED experience within these areas. YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE A LINUX EXPERT, you be fine as long as you have the desire to push yourself and use your own initiative.
Common tasks may include; moving around in Linux OS, SSH (remote desktop sessions) or clearing down disk space.
Your Linux & Cloud experience will improve by monitoring, maintaining, supporting and deploying unique cloud and virtualised infrastructure. Hence why Linux & Scripting skills will be very useful!
Skills & Experience;
- Exposure, knowledge or experience in Linux based infrastructure (all flavours considered Ubuntu, Debian, Red Hat/Redhat or Centos).
- Exposure to Virtualisation (preferably Xen, VMWare, KVM, HyperV still of great interest).
- Exposure to Shell scripting (ideally BASH, Python, Perl, Ruby, PowerShell still of great interest).
All of these area can be taught, however professionals already up to speed will stand out within the crowd.
- Commutable via public transport (train or bus).
- Stateoftheart facility and working environment.
- Technical Training & Development.
- Company contribution pension.
If you hold Linux skills and want to be an integral part of this companys service desk? Please click apply and contact Stuart Lewis or Computer Futures directly on#########
To find out more about Computer Futures please visit www.computerfutures.com
Computer Futures, a trading division of SThree Partnership LLP is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy Registered office 1st Floor, 75 King William Street, London, EC4N 7BE, United Kingdom Partnership Number OC387148 England and Wales
Posted 29 days ago