SEN / PMLD Teaching Assistants Required.
North London, London
£90 - £100 per day
Salary: £70 £100 a day based on experience
A College in Southgate that caters for students aged between 16 and 18 are looking for enthusiastic and reliable Teaching Assistants to join their team. This is due to the recent expansion of the LLD/D Department, requiring you to support students with SEN and PMLD.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Previous experience working with PMLD.
- Confidence providing Personal Care (including toileting, washing and feeding).
- Experience moving and handling (including manual handling such as hoisting, and moving wheelchairs).
- The ability to administer Medicine where required.
The candidate should be skilled in:
- Communicating clearly and effectively with students (including the use of Makaton and PECS where appropriate).
- Building a rapport with students and Teachers.
- Helping with school work under the supervision of the Teacher.
- Helping students increase their confidence, selfesteem and independence.
- Helping students who have difficulty communicating with others (including nonverbal students and those whose first language is not English).
You may also be required to:
- Take part in formal and informal meetings with teachers to contribute to planning lessons and activities.
- Assist in preparing materials and resources.
- Supervise practical tasks.
- Carry out structured classroom assessment and observations.
- Keep records and evaluating identified students progress.
We welcome applications from candidates with Care backgrounds.
Please contact Shannon at /######### for further information about this position, or to submit a CV directly.
Posted 17 days ago