3 - 6 month Contract: Data Privacy Manager – Data Privacy/GDPR (any sector) Required
£80K Pro Rata plus Benefits
Our Client, an exciting tech firm, is looking for an experienced Data Protection Manager to assist in advising the business in respect of its obligations under data protection legislation and contributing to the maturity of privacy within the business by ensuring the business understands its obligations, risks and associated accountability. Reporting to the Director of Compliance & Risk, duties will include:
• Provide proactive, practical and commercial advice and guidance to the business units on operational activities, customer propositions, and product design, ensuring systems and processes are compliant with the relevant legislative/regulatory requirements.
• Support the legal team on data protection and privacy related contractual issues and liaising with internal/ external privacy counsel as appropriate.
• Support internal privacy and compliance audits, as well as the Data Protection team in investigating information incidents involving personal data.
• Review privacy impact assessments completed by the businesses.
• Ensure continuing implementation of data protection policy and connected policies and processes, internally and in relation to third party processors.
• Ensure consistency of approach at global level in respect of data protection strategies.
• Advise internal teams, with the help of the rest of the Legal team, on compliance with data protection legislation and requirements.
• Provide assistance and coordination in respect of the approach to data subjects' rights (e.g.: subject access requests; data erasure or rectification requests).
• Monitor and pro-actively address any issues, potential issues or risks arising in relation to the protection of personal data.
• Contribute to horizon-scanning activities to ensure readiness for upcoming changes in laws and regulations, research and analysis on developments in privacy law.
You should have experience in a regulatory compliance, risk compliance or legal advice role, of which at least 4 years should have been spent specifically on data protection. You should also
have detailed knowledge of relevant data protection management regulations standards and rules, with a track record of translating regulatory requirements into practice
This is a fantastic opportunity to join one of the UKs most exciting and well backed start-ups which was set-up to make a tangible difference. Working in modern offices in Chelsea the staff all enjoy added benefits of free breakfast, yoga, healthy snacks, social gatherings/events as well as break out rooms with table tennis and videogame competitions. NB For the right person this could become a permanent role if desired.
So, if you would like to work for a truly entrepreneurial company that has a bold and ambitious global vision in a senior and very visible role, then for further information or a confidential no obligation discussion, please contact Gary Collins on######### or send your details to #########
We are acting as an employment agency in relation to this role.
- Through application, all candidates signify their acceptance of the above information and confirm that the information they provide is true and accurate to the best of their knowledge.
Posted 9 days ago