£10.30 - £10.60 per hour
Activities Coordinator Needed In Slough!
We are currently recruiting for one of our clients spectacular Nursing Homes based in Slough, and require an Activities Coordinator for a permanent full time role.
We are looking for someone like you: Enthusiastic, Reliable and Honest to support people in a Care Home Setting.
As an Activities Coordinator your focus will be on making the home an interesting and stimulating place to live, and the residents lives fulfilling.
You will be responsible for developing and maintaining an inspiring programme of leisure pursuits and social events for both individuals and groups of residents.
From organising social and recreational events, both in and outside of the home, to consulting with our residents to identify their social and recreational interests according to their likes, dislikes and abilities, this role is pivotal to the quality of lives of our residents.
Friendly and supportive team
Offer ongoing training and professional development
Good rates of pay
Annual refresher training
Opportunity to study for Health and Social Care
- To maintain a stimulating programme of leisure pursuits and social events for both groups of residents and on an individual basis.
- Produce and advertise within the Home, a weekly social events programme
- To ensure that the social care plan for each resident is in place within three weeks of the date of admission and reviewed regularly.
Required knowledge & experience:
- 2 years previous experience in a caring role or similar background elderly care experience is a must!
- NVQ Level 2 in Health & Social Care is desired, but not essential
- Understanding of the types of activities older people enjoy.
- Knowledge of health & safety in the workplace.
- Managing a budget.
- Ability to motivate and engage people with good negotiation skills.
- Ability to plan a calendar of activities.
- Able to create an environment where customers feel able to participate and contribute ideas.
- Able to work as part of a team and individually.
- Sense of Fun, Flexibility and ideas for things to do daily.
If this is of interest to you, please send over an up to date CV by either pressing apply or sending me your CV to the email below. Please make sure to quote the reference number. If you require any more information, please contact me as soon as possible on the number below as we only have limited vacancies!
Posted 12 days ago