Taunton, Somerset, England
£22,244 - £27,927 (DOE)
EmploymentType: Full time, Permanent
Salary: £22,244 - £27,927
*Please note:**In anevent of a high level of applications, we reserve the right to close this roleearlier than stated*
We are looking for a Teacher to join our fantastic team at our school in Taunton. We require an experienced teacher who is committed to fulfilling the potential of every one of our pupils, meeting their individual academic, behavioural social and emotional needs. Park House School in Taunton works with children who have social, emotional and emerging mental health needs. The school is based in a quiet area of Taunton, providing a safe and nurturing environment for anxious, vulnerable pupils unable to sustain a mainstream placement.
Our educational offer is a balance of academic studies, physical and outdoor education, vocational studies and personal development programmes. Where the children are taught in small groups or on a one to one basis. Bite-size learning based on personal interests and community issues engages pupils helping extend their concentration
- Statutory requirements of the DfE Code of Practice SEN (and the implications of the new SEN Bill September 2014)
- Ofsted inspection criteria under 162a inspection criteria
- Fully qualified teacher status (QTS/QTLS)
- Evidence of CPD in ESBD and or SEN
- Sound understanding of assessment processes, tracking and monitoring progress
- Excellent understanding of complex education and behavioural needs of Primary and Secondary pupils
- Ability to differentiate the curriculum in order to meet the needs of pupils within the school
- Good communication skills
- Ability to work within a multi professional setting
- Leadership and management behaviours
- Line management of teachers and teaching assistants including supervision, absence management, performance management and appraisal
- Understanding of submission and delivery of national qualifications and accreditations
- Prepare learning and progress information for Annual reviews and PEPs and chair as required
- With the SBM, ensuringthe cost-effective budgeting of the schools allocated curriculum resources
- With the HT, ensure thatthe teaching staff within the provision receive regular CPD
- Withthe HT, ensure that a system for monitoring and developing the quality ofteaching and learning is in place, including at all the alternative providerscommissioned to work with the students
- With the HT, ensure thata robust assessment process, tracking and monitoring of pupil progress is inplace and support itsconsistent use by all teaching staff, providing training and modelling whererequired
- Ensureconsistent and high quality, short, medium- and long-term planning across theschool
- To deliver learningactivities to pupils, adjusting activities according to individual needs
- To ensure that pupils onoutreach provisions are receiving appropriate academic opportunities
- Using data to generateregular reports to key stakeholders
- With the SLT, process referrals to ensure risk matching and academic screening is thorough and robust
- With the SBM act asexamination officer for all nationally accredited assessments
- Supporting the updating and production of education policies
- Working collaborativelywith other outside agencies in order to support the positive outcomes for allpupils within the school
- Ensurethat statutory requirements for the National Curriculum are met
- Ensure that the curriculum of the school is appropriate to the childrens differing experiences, interests, aptitudes and backgrounds and is clearly stated in our offer
- To maintain individual records for each child based on observation andinteraction, in order to monitor and track their progress and as a tool forplanning and assessment.
- To direct the teaching assistants/learning support assistants assignedto the class and work supportively and collaboratively as part of this smallteam.
- To work in close partnership with the homes/carers/multi agency teams
Who are we?
Founded in 1989, Five Rivers Child Care is a social enterprise committed to turning childrens lives around. We provide a range of services to looked-after children including fostering, residential care, education and assessment and therapy.
Weknow how demanding and challenging our work can be. We value our staff and wantto recognise and reward you for the work you to. Some of your rewards andbenefits include:
- Agenerous annual leave allowance
- On-goingtraining and learning
- SimplyHealth Cashback Scheme
- Employeediscount scheme
- Employeeassistance programme
- Longservice and recognition scheme
Five Rivers is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of Childrenand Young People, applicants must be willing to undergo appropriate childprotection screening, including employment references and DBS check.
We are an equalopportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualifiedpersons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexualorientation or age.
**Five Rivers is anInvestor in People and Equal Opportunities
Posted 14 days ago