Block Property Manager
Brighton, East Sussex
£28000 - £30000 per annum
Job Title: Block Property Manager
Salary: £28,000 £30,000 depending on experience
Hours: Monday to Friday 9.00am 5.30pm (although circumstances may require additional outofhours work from time to time).
Our client is looking for an exceptional and experienced Block Property Manager to manage a portfolio of long leasehold residential properties that include both small and large blocks in Brighton and Hove and the surrounding area.
You will be an integral part of the team, reporting to the Senior Property Manager and providing outstanding customer service. You will be a natural problem solver who is forward thinking and selfmotivated. Appropriate training will be provided, and excellent career progression opportunities are available for the right candidate.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Budgets prepare, review and implement annual budgets for each block, ensuring the budget is approved and demands are issued on time.
- Expenditure control generate purchase orders and authorise payment of all invoices for works associated with the service charge for each block.
- Monitoring undertake regular income & expenditure reviews against budget, to ensure that issues are quickly identified and that corrective measures can be implemented.
- Reporting prepare regular reports, on key management and financial aspects
- Annual accounts review draft service charge accounts and liaise with the accounts department
- Utilities monitor billing and consumption and liaise with providers.
- Debts deal with outstanding debts once routine credit control procedures are complete.
- Client satisfaction a Property Manager is the first point of contact for all general block management matters, including dealing with clients, leaseholders, resident associations, service providers and other third parties.
- Planned maintenance schedule ensure a comprehensive planned maintenance schedule is in place for each block and is reviewed annually. Ensure all planned works are completed on time and contracts are tendered appropriately.
- Site inspections conduct regular planned site visits to ensure standards are upheld. File inspection reports and ensure any identified actions are addressed.
- Lease be fully conversant with the head lease (rules, regulations and obligations) and manage accordingly.
- Insurance ensure insurance cover is valid and appropriate for each block.
- Administration maintain inhouse statutory compliance records and ensure relevant matters are actioned in a timely manner.
- Health & Safety ensure that H&S legislation, policies and recommendation are adhered to at all times. Ensure Fire Risk Assessments and H&S reports are maintained and actioned appropriately for each block.
- Major works Implementation and oversight of the S.20 consultation process in respect of all major works.
- Ensure each block has an effective major works programme (and necessary reserve fund) to comply with the lease and maintain the condition of the block. Review annually and competently manage the major works programme
- Contract management review / assess service agreements as and when required. If applicable, monitor caretakers performance.
- Financial Management the ability to interpret financial information to ensure that the clients service charge is managed effectively.
- A Property Manager is required to draft budgets, monitor expenditure and report to Board Members.
- Implementation and Accountability an understanding of what is required and a willingness to systematically and diligently ensure that key deliverables are achieved on time.
- A Property Manager is required to take responsibility, react quickly and resolve issues.
- Professional Competence the ability to consider complex issues and challenges, identify options and plan for resolution. A Property Manager must be able to make decisions and devise & implement positive solutions.
Skills and Experience
- Ability to prioritise workload and work under pressure.
- Excellent communication skills written, and verbal, presentation of information.
- Strong numeracy skills.
- Good problemsolving skills. Ability to analyse information and make recommendations accordingly.
- Good IT skills proficiency in Microsoft programmes. Knowledge of Qube would be advantageous.
- Good team player willingness to share knowledge and support other colleagues if required.
- Experienced in long leasehold block management (3 years+), with a good understanding of current legislation affecting residential property management.
- A good understanding of residential leases, statutory compliance issues and CDM regulations.
- Experience of budget management, financial control and delivery of cost efficiencies.
- Working knowledge of building management, systems maintenance and repair projects.
- A good standard of education is essential.
- IRPM Part 1 or higher and a willingness to study for further qualifications (MIRPM and MRICS if appropriate).
For more information please contact Stacey Croucher at Clearline Recruitment.
Posted 13 days ago